The really big picture

Options
melissakunimitsu9232
melissakunimitsu9232 Posts: 13 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I can't stand seeing myself in pictures anymore. I'm carrying around a whole other person with me and it's wearing me out. I'm a tired, sweaty, uncomfortable mess. I feel so much older than my 36 years. I'm trying to make lifestyle changes that I can keep up to get rid of 70kg over time instead of diets that only last as long as my resolve. rh05shumna8d.jpg

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Lemme know if I can help. I'll tell you what worked for me. Make sure to get enough protein and lots of nonstarchy vegetables. Iron and calcium and vitamin D are all important in regulating your weight and appetite. Be very moderate with carbs, and eat protein with your carbs, never carbs alone. Protein gives you satisfaction; plain carbs digest fast and leave you hungry again and craving even more. so for example, don't just eat a piece or 2 of toast, have the toast AND an egg. Have a piece of part skim string cheese along with an apple. I learned this stuff from my doctor and a nutritionist. They were pretty much in agreement; the nutritionist just gave me a lot more details. If you need friends feel free to add me. :)
  • melissakunimitsu9232
    Options
    Thanks. Making sure to add some protein to carbs and making better carbs choices are doable.
  • RosielovesArturo
    RosielovesArturo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is that moment when you make the decision to change. Congrats on your new goal. There are some days that seem easier than others. Good luck!
  • Nursevb
    Nursevb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Small changes that are doable is excellent! The all or nothing approach is not something I can do either. Realistic changes. I am excited for you!!!
  • melissakunimitsu9232
    Options
    I really do need to change something before the road back becomes even harder. I've had good intentions for a long time. Now I need to find out what will work for me.
    What do you think works best for you?