Jillians Kettlebell workout

Options
Never tried this before, so I did Level 1 last night with a 10 lb bell. I was sweating and puffing as I was doing it, but.....I am not sore at all this morning. Usually, after a tough workout, I could hardly walk straight the next day. Now I am not sure if I did enough. I don't think I want to use a heavier bell, I had a hard time getting that thing over my head last night. And level 2 might be too much for a kettlebell newbie like me. For those who've done this before, how did you feel next day after your workout?

Replies

• ritarampage
    ritarampage Posts: 32
    Options
    I felt sore the first time I did the JM workout, and any time after, I didn't... so I started doing a different workout. But in general, I find that I don't get as sore with kettlebells as I used to with dumbbells or even just body weight. I also do a lot more cardio now (30 minutes before the kettlebells and 20 to 30 minutes after). Did you do any extra cardio that may have relieved some soreness?
  • WowieGarcia
    WowieGarcia Posts: 68
    Options
    I felt sore the first time I did the JM workout, and any time after, I didn't... so I started doing a different workout. But in general, I find that I don't get as sore with kettlebells as I used to with dumbbells or even just body weight. I also do a lot more cardio now (30 minutes before the kettlebells and 20 to 30 minutes after). Did you do any extra cardio that may have relieved some soreness?

No cardio after the workout. I'm pretty laid back when it comes to that. As long as I do my 25 min WO, I don't add any more than I have to. Well, if I can get toned with no soreness the next day, this is my perfect exercise then. Thanks for the reply.