Weight loss

irule22
irule22 Posts: 4
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I've lost 27 pounds in 5 weeks im kinda scared i've been loosing that much so fast :( I mean I have been eating 1,000 calories everyday (except for friday I had 980 calories which I didn't do on purpose I swear). Im not trying to starve myself or anything its just kinda scaring me I don't mind loosing weight but is that even healthy at all?

Replies

• Alison_84
    Alison_84 Posts: 86
    From everything I've read, your body needs a MINIMUM of 1200 calories to survive. I'd up the intake if I were you....

That being said, losing 27 pounds in 5 weeks is not necessarily unhealthy, depending on how much you have to lose/how much you're exercising and provided that you are eating enough.
  • bgriffin73
    bgriffin73 Posts: 12
    You just have to be sure you take in at least 1200 per day! If you exercise, you need to be sure you replace at least some of the calories that you burned. If you loose too fast, you will gain it back that much faster, because you can't keep up taking in less than 1000 per day. I have been on mfp for 500 plus days and have lost 73. I am going slow on purpose. Once I am done which is about 15 lbs, I will change my goal to maintain my weight.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    1,000 calories is way too little. You should be eating 1200 calories NET, meaning after you eat your calories given to you for exercising.
  • I do not think that losing 27 lbs over 5 weeks is good for you in the long run. From what I've read, the most weight an individual should lose is 2.5 lbs. each week and most people are advised to lose a MAXIMUM of 1 lb each week. The body is amazing and for safety reasons always wants to maintain the status quo; this is the reason why it is so difficult to lose weight. Since the body works to maintain the status quo, losing 27 lbs over such a short period now will most likely result in you gaining back the weight and maybe even in excess. According to the textbooks that I've read, slow weight loss programs lead to the greatest success.
    Good luck in your future endeavors!
  • irule22
    I don't know cause here's my calorie count. Cause way before I had started counting my calories I had only lost 4 pounds in a week. Then it started going no where. Then the week after that I lost another 5 pounds and I have been eating healthier for the past 2 months so maybe I am starving myself and not even knowing it. Half the time I am not even hungry I will eat snacks sometimes but after that I don't feel hungry all the time. When I started I felt hungry all the time and of course ate but now I don't

23rd: 1,441

may 24th:

25th That wasn't good I know

26th

27th I ate more that day cause I ate at mcdonalds and had 2 breakfast burritos

28th 843 I ate more on that day too cause I had half a bag of that boil in a bag brown rice

29th

30th
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    If you have 130 pounds to lose then you are probably fine. The more weight a person has to lose the more weight will come off at first. It will level off and then you will lose more slowly. I did not see your food diary but thecalorie count you just posted looks okay, except for that day you were under 1000 calories but if that is not the norm don't sweat it.

You don't want to eat low calorie for long or your body will adjust. You must eat to lose.
  • irule22
    Here's my food diary if anyone wants to see it and can you tell me if I'm eating too much or too little

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/irule22
This discussion has been closed.