Only an hour a day!!!

Options
The month of may I managed to get in 24 activities, where I was walking, running, or pushing kids in strollers.

It helps that I obsessively log everything:

Total distance: 166.84 miles
Total time: 32 hours, 41 minutes
Total weight loss this month: almost 12 lbs.

For me this is a new high score in all of these fields.

But my point of the sharing this is that by eating right and balancing out the calories even most days, and getting a lot of activity, anything is possible. in this case, on average about an hour each and every day doing something more than my usual inactive things.

And I found a lot more time in a given day than I thought was ever possible, by stopping watching television almost entirely. Now I find I don't even miss it, because I look forward to getting out and doing something fun in the fresh air outdoors now that the weather is nice for the summer.

Replies

• bwalters82
    bwalters82 Posts: 95
    Options
    You get it. A lot of people look at this as a fad, but you get it. It's a lifestyle.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome, keep it up. You WILL be so successful
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Agreed! Keep it up!!
  • dian1227
    dian1227 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Excellent post and very true...since upping my activity level, I've felt like a new person. I have not reached my goals yet, but everyday gets closer...it really is a lifestyle and LIFE change...

Good luck in the future...
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You'll soon find time to try many new activities to try with your family or friends too. Keep pushing yourself. :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this!
  • annadilynn
    annadilynn Posts: 84
    Options
    NICE...way to go....:0)
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    & for the ladies.. We spend so much time doing hair and makeup... EVERYDAY.. What about the rest of you?
    Think about it as your daily routine .. If I'm gonna put aside time to make my face and hair look decent, why can't I put aside the time for my body?
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    excellent attitude as usual!
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    Options
    Wow Travis that is just wonderful. I'm happy for you. Now you are making me think twice about logging all my activities. hahahah Thanks :)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!! But you already knew that! :)
  • travishein
    travishein Posts: 78
    Options
    Alrighty. Sorry to drag up an old thread. But since I started it, I felt it would be better than creating a new one to follow up.

So originally the hour a day stats were for May.

For the month of June I managed to get 24 hours in for the month, not quite hour a day. but close enough right.

And so far this month of July I have 20 hours and today is the 21st so looking more like ill be able to do the hour a day thing.

I'm excited because for me this is a three month streak.. but also having to share that I am even more surprised by how when I put in some effort to try to keep at it, it is not nearly as much effort as I thought it would be when I get into a routine. Sure I have sick days, sometimes the weather doesn't behave for me. And sometimes I just have a bad day. Or all of the above.

But, as long as I keep picking up my socks, and keep getting back up and getting back out there to do something, anything, as often as I can, and give it my honest effort as much as I can, well eventually I have to win at this right. :)

And that the ability to do life changing habits is not unique to me, we can all do it, we just have to want to enough.

Good luck everyone!