Fun fitness activites with kids

Options
bmfrazie
bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
School is almost out for summer and I am sure I will be finding it hard to get my fitness in with have a wild and crazy 8 year old ALL DAY EVERYDAY!

Any fun creative ideas for family fitness outings?

I am thinking we will do some running together this summer because he is wanting to do cross country next fall.

He plays baseball over the summer also with games 2 times a week (no practices).

No outdoor swimming pools only cold Lake Michigan that I wont really go swimming in. (Maybe we will go indoor swimming though)

Any other fun and creative ways to get your fitness in with your young ones?

Replies

• bijalita
    bijalita Posts: 8
    Options
    Our family goes hiking. Indoor rock climbing is fun too.
  • chubbyandawkward
    Options
    Maybe you could take him horse riding?
    It's great exercise for the legs and core and stuff :)
  • Amber_Kunkel
    Options
    Practice baseball with him at home.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    Practice baseball with him at home.

I am def thinking about trying this out. However, baseball is normally a dad-son thing and he doesn't want to even think about playing with anyone other then DAD! LOL I def might be able to play soccer with him though :)
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have an 8 year old daughter, a 4 year old daughter & a son who is 2.5. I am always looking for fun active, activities they can do to keep them happy and get some exercise in. Our favorite, so far, is the slip and slide. It is so much fun!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    We hike, ride our bikes and a lot of our metro parks have water fountains for kids to play in.