can the recipes be shared on app?

Options
Hi everyone, I was just wandering whether there is anyway of sharing your recipes that you enter manually with another myfitnesspal user?

My husband would like to start using the app but doesn't want to spend the time entering all the recipes I've done already and also when friends come over which use the app too, it could be good to just share the recipe I cooked for them, so they can use it?

If you can't, maybe it's something that could be thought of for next update??

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    You could transfer the nutrition information from the recipe as a new food (Such as "So and So's Mac and Cheese") and click on the check box that lets MFP put that food in the public database.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Unfortunately no you can't share recipes as far as I know. I'd love to for the same reason. The best work around we've found if to use my account to figure out how many calories my husband's serving is then he can use the quick add feature to add the calories to his log. That doesn't work for macros though, which is annoying.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    This is the work around we used when my husband was also tracking on MFP:
    - one person enters the recipe and logs it in their diary
    - second person views the first person's diary and clicks on quick tools (website) or tool graphic (android app)
    - select copy to today or copy to date
    - if you're going to use the recipe often, you can save it as a meal so that its already in your database
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    - second person views the first person's diary and clicks on quick tools (website) or tool graphic (android app)
    - if you're going to use the recipe often, you can save it as a meal so that its already in your database

Ohh, didn't realize you could copy other's foods like that. Thanks!
  • maylasalmon
    maylasalmon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »

That sounds good ! Does that mean I have to have my diary shared to public then for him to access it?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    Or you could be friends and set it to friends only.