soft foods

Options
I am having all but 6 of my teeth out on the 30th of this month and have to wait 2 months to get dentures. The Oral surgeon said that I should eat soft foods and/or cut things up really small and also a liquid diet. What are some healthy choices I can make?

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit and/or protein powder might be good.
  • CorrineChase
    CorrineChase Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I second the greek yogurt, also love cottage cheese, and applesauce.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Oatmeal or any kind of cereal that isn't too crunchy. Pancakes (high carb but filling). Peanut butter (high calorie, but high protein, too). Low fat pudding. Watermelon, ripe peaches and plums, oranges. Soups! But careful on the calories and sodium content of canned soups can be crazy high. Steamed or baked vegetables.

Here's a helpful link: http://www.livestrong.com/article/260550-soft-food-diet-ideas/
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Puréed soups (think tomato, broccoli and cheese, potato, mushroom), noodles, potatoes, beans.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Eggs are such a great source of protein and are easy to change up. And delicious!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Mashed sweet potatoes, rice, quinoa
  • CorrineChase
    Options
    Thank you everyone this is all very helpful.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    all foods are soft if you have a strong enough blender
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Avocado, egg or tuna salad. mashed potatoes, mashed carrots, mashed cauliflower, mashed parsnips, you get the idea! Well cooked pasta with tomato or cheese sauce. Roasted eggplant. Beans or chick peas.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Most Desserts!!!! Oh sorry you said healthy. :)
  • frichris
    frichris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would suggest a meal replacement that contains vegetables and fruits. Do your research though some are high in cholesterol and or sugars but there are some great ones out there if you look.
  • CorrineChase
    Options
    Thanks
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I got instructions. They sent me home with a paper that had everything written on it. You'll probably get one.

I remember no sucking from a straw, no scrambled eggs (because little bits could get into places they shouldn't), no seeds and no chips or chip-type things. I remember that being told to eat soft foods really wasn't a hardship because I couldn't have eaten hard ones, anyway, lol.

If they're going to knock you out, wear an adult diaper. After I woke up and said I peed my pants, they said that it happens all the time. Later, I thought, "If it happens all the time, why don't they freaking tell people that ahead of time?" It would save them the from cleaning up the mess and save people the indignity of waking up with peepee pants and walking through the waiting room like that. Ugh.

So, there you go. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle. :)