over eating

Options
No mater how much t try I can't stop over eating .I Keep !

Replies

• Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Log your food before you eat it, don't cheat and weigh EVERYTHING. Works for me.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh all of your food? Buying a food scale, weighing all of your solid food, and logging everything is a very important first step. You'll see how many calories are in everything you eat, and learn what portion sizes are. You'll be holding yourself accountable, so you know exactly how many calories you should be eating in a day, having your set calorie deficit, and be following that by keeping track of your calories with weighing/logging.
    Best of all, by weighing and eating smaller servings, you're still eating foods you enjoy eating. You're not depriving yourself.

Also please read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
  • HeatherCrazyCat
    HeatherCrazyCat Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Adding to the great advice of everyone above - how about if you use MFP to work out your current maintenance Calories, use that as your goal just for a few weeks while you get used to logging everything and seeing how you can make positive changes, and then moving down a little, bit by bit, from there? Or you could try eating at the maintenance Calories for someone of the weight that you want to be, and make good slow progress, rather than going to a massive Calorie deficit?
    These things might possibly help you.
    good luck!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Reduce your carbs, eat more vegetables, fruit and protein.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I find that increasing protein in my diet keeps me satisfied/full longer. I felt like I was STARVING when I first started counting calories, because my body needed to adjust to what a normal portion size actually was. Hang in there!