Someone Calculate Me

Options
Are you bored? Trying to kill time at work? Well I have just the solution for you. Kidding. Ok so have googled, searched and pretty much done everything I can to figure out my daily calorie and marco goals but I'm still not happy. So if you wana please help me? My stats are:

24 year old
Female
CW: 58kg
GW: 53kg
162cm tall-ish

Crossfit (45min class) x 3 p/week
Pilates (35min class) x 2 p/week
Spin (20 medium effort) x 3 p/week
And on Sundays I either run 5km or MTB 20km

So if anyone wants to, please tell me what would you suggest for calorie and macro intake? My goal is to be skinny fit - like skinny but toned.

I thank you kindly

:)

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Just pick a number and err on the high side. Eat that every day for a few weeks, then adjust based on the results. No need to look into it any more than that.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Do you have any guesstimate for your current BF%? Also, how active are you when you aren't in a structured exercise? Like, are you a waitress? Stay at home mom?
  • ElizabethPalm
    ElizabethPalm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Guessing my bf% is 20-22%
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Is that about 1-2 hours per day? how many days a week are you exercising?
  • ElizabethPalm
    Options
    4 times a week abooooout 40min each
  • WBB55
    Options
    Do you want to eat the same flat amount every day, or do you want to eat more on the days you work out?
  • ElizabethPalm
    Options
    I am honestly up for anything at this point in time, have been bouncing around at 58-57 for a couple of months now.

What would you recommend?
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Are you bored? Trying to kill time at work? Well I have just the solution for you. Kidding. Ok so have googled, searched and pretty much done everything I can to figure out my daily calorie and marco goals but I'm still not happy. So if you wana please help me? My stats are:

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

So if anyone wants to, please tell me what would you suggest for calorie and macro intake? My goal is to be skinny fit - like skinny but toned.

I thank you kindly

Here's a buddy's standard advice when it comes to this:

Why would you not just enter your stats into MFP and let that do it for you?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Alternatively, this calculator is highly recommended by lotsa folks:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used this calculator and moderately active activity setting.
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    Your BMI is: 22.1
    Your BMR is: 5487 kJ / 1312 calories
    Your TDEE is: 8505 kJ / 2033 calories

I suggest you eat about 1600 calories a day. Choose really nutritious food. Eat most of your food during the day. AVoid getting hungry. Protein - 1 gram per kilogram of body weight. Keep your carbs really healthy : fruit, veg, wholegrains - bread, durum wheat pasta, basmati rice, legumes all are fine but small serves. Choose healthy fats like olive oil. Best not snack on nuts but you can put some in your salads and other dishes to keep it interesting.

These are your numbers for when you are 53 kilograms but its not certain that 1955 is the right amount of calories so you will have to be careful if and when you increase and not do it suddenly.
    Your BMI is: 20.2
    Your BMR is: 5278 kJ / 1262 calories
    Your TDEE is: 8181 kJ / 1955 calories

You could if you want, try to eat already at 1955 calories per day and see how you go losing. It is better to lose it slowly.
  • ElizabethPalm
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

Read that some people prefer tweaking their thingys themselves, that MFP tends to be a bit 'off'
  • galgenstrick
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

Read that some people prefer tweaking their thingys themselves, that MFP tends to be a bit 'off'

This means tweaking based off your results. That's the best way to do it. Just pick a number, then adjust in a few weeks depending on what you get...
  • tincanonastring
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

Many people do, but until you have enough of an understanding of calorie & macro management (and how that relates to your personal needs) to choose your own goals, you might be better off experimenting with what MFP gives you and adjusting up or down based on results.
  • ElizabethPalm
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    I used this calculator and moderately active activity setting.
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/
    Your BMI is: 22.1
    Your BMR is: 5487 kJ / 1312 calories
    Your TDEE is: 8505 kJ / 2033 calories

I suggest you eat about 1600 calories a day. Choose really nutritious food. Eat most of your food during the day. AVoid getting hungry. Protein - 1 gram per kilogram of body weight. Keep your carbs really healthy : fruit, veg, wholegrains - bread, durum wheat pasta, basmati rice, legumes all are fine but small serves. Choose healthy fats like olive oil. Best not snack on nuts but you can put some in your salads and other dishes to keep it interesting.

Wow, thank you for the effort. Really appreciate it :) you guys are pretty cool.
  • ElizabethPalm
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

This means tweaking based off your results. That's the best way to do it. Just pick a number, then adjust in a few weeks depending on what you get...

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

Many people do, but until you have enough of an understanding of calorie & macro management (and how that relates to your personal needs) to choose your own goals, you might be better off experimenting with what MFP gives you and adjusting up or down based on results.

Awesomenss... So if I understand correctly I should eat 800 cals a day of only yogurt and apples and do as much cardio as possible and IF I rrrreally get hungry eat half an almond.

LOL

;)

Thanks everyone. Have a super weekend.
  • WBB55
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

Awesomenss... So if I understand correctly I should eat 800 cals a day of only yogurt and apples and do as much cardio as possible and IF I rrrreally get hungry eat half an almond.

LOL

;)

WHAT? 800 calories per day of yogurt and apples is NOT what you need to do. Cardio is nice, but lifting weights would probably give you better results that you're looking for.
    What would you recommend?

#1: log everything as accurately and honestly as possible using a digital scale to weigh your food
    #2: Eat 1500-1600 every day
    #3: Come back in 4 weeks and tell us how you're doing

Your weekly TDEE is probably in the neighborhood of 14,700 or so. But you don't have a lot of weight to lose, so you can't maintain a very high deficit from that. 1600 calories per day is 11,200 calories per week.

• galgenstrick
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

LOL

;)

Well that's a straw man if I ever heard one. Best of luck with your success, but you'll get nowhere with that attitude...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

Exactly.

All of these calculators are estimates. Pick a number, use it for several weeks, and then adjust from there.
  • ElizabethPalm
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

LOL

;)

Well that's a straw man if I ever heard one. Best of luck with your success, but you'll get nowhere with that attitude...

HENCE THE LOL AMIGO!!

Anyway Happy Friday
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I put all your info in Scooby and this is what it said, to lose .5 lbs a week you should be eating 1939 calories a day
  • tincanonastring
    edited July 2015
    Options

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

LOL

;)

i_like_you.gif

Screw all these other MFers, OP. That was funny sh**!

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

24 year old
    Female
    162cm tall-ish

I thank you kindly

LOL

;)

How exactly is anything about that a strawman?