Seriously?

Options
I weighed-in two days after Christmas at 140.5lbs. I'm now 148!!!!!! :noway:

Yes, I wasn't counting calories...BUT I was being very careful not to stuff myself, eating cereal instead of all the bacon and french toast...I felt I was actually doing better than the week before Christmas and that week I only gained .5 pounds!

I didn't even gain this much in the three weeks I stopped counting when I was eating everything in the house! :sad:

Someone tell me this is water weight or something. This is just making me want to give up and binge!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I weighed-in two days after Christmas at 140.5lbs. I'm now 148!!!!!! :noway:

Yes, I wasn't counting calories...BUT I was being very careful not to stuff myself, eating cereal instead of all the bacon and french toast...I felt I was actually doing better than the week before Christmas and that week I only gained .5 pounds!

I didn't even gain this much in the three weeks I stopped counting when I was eating everything in the house! :sad:

Someone tell me this is water weight or something. This is just making me want to give up and binge!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me. I weighed before I started my period and I was 264 which meant I hadnt gained anything and then after my period I was 269. I wont put it on my ticker though LOL. I shouldnt have gained all that in a week. It is dishearting though.

Connie
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Is it close to your TOM? Because we naturally put on the pounds then... in water wieght.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Were you drinking plenty of water during this time ?
    I put on 5lbs in 2 days by not drinking enough, then, I drank double the recommended allowance for 2 days and managed to shift it - worth a try :flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bust my butt and be extremely good this week! Then I'll weigh-in Saturday and change my ticker accordingly.

As much as I don't want anyone to gain weight...It does make me feel better :laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I found out that when I think I am doing really good and not counting calories or anything that I also gain weight. So apparently I didn't do as good as I thought. Drink more water but don't give up! Girl you can do this!! We all go thru this!:bigsmile:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    8 lbs x 3500 extra calories (on top of what your maintanence calories are) = 28,000 calories, or 4000 extra calories a day! Near impossible. Water weight. Drink some H20 and jump on the scale in a week. :flowerforyou:
  • Panda8Angel8Faith
    Panda8Angel8Faith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. the only problem is that I might be having a relapse bout with my cancer so I am not sure what is going on. I have had my TOM for two weeks now; it is not normal. :mad: I am going to go to the doctor's as soon as possible, but i jumped on the scale because I thought that I had been doing really well. Only to find out I was not doing as well as I thought I had been. I had gained all of my weight back plus three extra pounds from where I had started. :noway: :grumble:
    anyway...don't worry too much. I am really trying to work on having to drink water and keep a happy spirit. Everything will be okay in the end. :drinker:
    Have a great day everyone.
    Always.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I had saurkraut on New Years Day, and I'm still retaining water......ugh...I know that I've not gained fat, but I still hate it...LOL. anyway, no more weighing until Wednesday.
  • Pubali
    Pubali Posts: 19
    Options
    Say you do say 'f it' and just go on a bender. How do you think you'll feel the next day? Or minutes after? If you think it won't bother you, then go for it. It's easier to watch your weight when you don't feel deprived. But, if you know that you'll feel worse than you did at the time of writing your note, then just stay strong.

Don't give up! Don't give up! Don't give up!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    8 lbs x 3500 extra calories (on top of what your maintanence calories are) = 28,000 calories, or 4000 extra calories a day! Near impossible. Water weight. Drink some H20 and jump on the scale in a week. :flowerforyou:

perfect:flowerforyou:
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options

I agree!

You might have legitimately earned one or two of those pounds, but not 8.

I put on six during the holidays... but something tells me mine aren't water weight. :grumble:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I agree!

You might have legitimately earned one or two of those pounds, but not 8.

I put on six during the holidays... but something tells me mine aren't water weight. :grumble:

I calculate this in my head when the scale says that I've gained weight......
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Say you do say 'f it' and just go on a bender. How do you think you'll feel the next day? Or minutes after? If you think it won't bother you, then go for it. It's easier to watch your weight when you don't feel deprived. But, if you know that you'll feel worse than you did at the time of writing your note, then just stay strong.

Don't give up! Don't give up! Don't give up!

I work at a bulk food store and we get a wonderful employee discount. I kmow on days that i use my disount on chips or chocolate.....I feel horrible at the end of the day when I'm mopping. Yesterday I left my money at home and I felt so much better at the end of the day.

so binging = bad feelings in tummy