Stuck at 114

NFigurski
NFigurski Posts: 18 Member
I am stuck at 114 and I want to be below 110! I have cut out all soda, junk food and fatty food but I just can't get past 114. What to do?

Replies

• Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    The proven formula for weight loss (provided there is no underlying medical condition) = burn more calories than you take in.

You can still eat too many calories, even if you are only eating "healthy" foods. Thinking you are "healthy" because you ate 10 apples in a day could be the same as being "unhealthy" and eating 100g of chocolate. The amount of energy you consumed is the same.

Tonight is Pizza Friday at my house. I've allowed for it and eaten pretty low calorie foods today and am going to have 2 slices of pizza tonight. My calories for the day won't go over my goal. There are certainly "healthier" choices for dinner tonight - but life is happening and Pizza Friday is the treat my family looks forward to every week. I'm not missing out on life!!

Use a food scale to weight your food, and track everything in MFP. Figure out your maintenance level of calories plus exercise, and consume less. Good luck!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    that's pretty thin already... how tall are u?
  • NFigurski
    I stay below 1,250 calories daily.

& I am 5'2"
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    You're already dead center of the normal weight range, and your goal weight moves you to the bottom.

Do you have a goal that is more centered around aesthetics since you're already of a healthy weight?

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    How long have you been at 114? At that weight it's going to take a while. Do you log everything you eat? Do you weigh everything on a food scale? If not, you're probably eating more than you think :)
    Have you considered resistance training? It would help you become more toned and slender than just losing weight might.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    In the past I wanted to get to a certain low goal weight and followed a super strict diet (egg whites and asparagus for breakfast, kale and plain tuna for lunch, green vegetables and plain chicken breast for dinner, plain greek yogurt for dessert) while continuing to workout an hour a day. I cut my weight, but this totally wasn't sustainable or enjoyable. I'd rather be 5 lbs-10 lbs heavier and follow a sustainable diet and lifestyle.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    NFigurski wrote: »
    I am stuck at 114 and I want to be below 110! I have cut out all soda, junk food and fatty food but I just can't get past 114. What to do?

this doesn't matter, if you are still eating too many calories. It's not what kind of food you are eating, it's how much food you are eating. you won't lose any weight if you eat more calories than you burn.

However, before you lose any more weight - are you sure losing more weight is what you need to do? 4 lbs. probably won't make much difference in your appearance, overall, so don't get hung up on a number on the scale. If you want to change the way your body looks, try body recomp. Start a lifting program. Strengthening and building your muscles will make you look better without losing any weight.
  • Sldeal
    Sldeal Posts: 2 Member
    What is your carb intake? Your macros may need adjusting
  • AuroraErratic
    AuroraErratic Posts: 9 Member
    Are you sure you want to lose more? That seems like a healthy weight for your height.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    RGv2 wrote: »
    You're already dead center of the normal weight range, and your goal weight moves you to the bottom.

Do you have a goal that is more centered around aesthetics since you're already of a healthy weight?

This

meaningless number is meaningless, why do you think another 5lbs will make you happy with your body?
  • tbbhealthanista
    tbbhealthanista Posts: 25 Member
    RGv2 wrote: »

I agree that you're right at the normal weight range. Healthy is not always about the number on the scale, but what your body fat percentage is as well. I'm 5'6" and my original goal was to get to 125-130. After measuring body fat and what my body fat goal is, I should actually weigh between 135-140 with the amount of muscle I have.

115 with muscle tone is always going to look better and be healthier than 105-110 of "skinny fat," but that's just my opinion :)

• fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    I can maintain my performance/competition weight while still fitting in things like chocolate and fast food. For reference, 115 is my off-season weight - I can still have those foods when I'm lighter than that. If you're weighing and logging all of your food correctly, it's doable, so you might want to have a look at that.

However, I'm with the others in that you should think about whether recomp might be better for you.
  • NFigurski
    Sldeal wrote: »
    What is your carb intake? Your macros may need adjusting

I try to keep my carbs at 50% of what I ate
    Then 20% protien
    And 30% fat

Not sure if that's good or bad
  • NFigurski
    I guess I get caught up with the number on the scale of most people say that's a healthy weight then I'm happy with that!

I would just like to tone up areas like my lower belly, obliques, thighs and arms!
  • alehanBRO
    alehanBRO Posts: 43 Member
    Hey, pal! Remember this, it's not about the weight. Forget " skinny." Eat well and exercise! The weight will take care of itself... :) keep up the good work! Keep lifting! :)
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Figurski, get your body composition analyzed--most gyms can either do it or refer you to someone who can. If you are in a healthy composition range then don't try to lose more weight.

I suspect you would be better off trying to get to 120 lbs--if you do it under the guidance of muscle-builders so the additional 6 lbs is all muscle.

Anecdotal evidence--I find I get more below-belly-button fat when I eat a higher proportion of carbs. Consider increasing protein a little and decreasing carbs a little (like 5 g each), and see if that changes where your body stores calories.

But also consider that area is hormonal fat that female bodies like to add during child-bearing years as a reserve in case you get pregnant; you cannot fight nature. Some of us don't have the genes to have the flat tummy of a bikini model; we're optimized to make kids. It may be that your personal biochemistry clings to fat in that spot such that you can't get rid of it without going to an unhealthy-low body-fat level.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    You're 5'2", 114 lbs. You literally don't have any weight to lose.
  • mccindy72
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Figurski, get your body composition analyzed--most gyms can either do it or refer you to someone who can. If you are in a healthy composition range then don't try to lose more weight.

I suspect you would be better off trying to get to 120 lbs--if you do it under the guidance of muscle-builders so the additional 6 lbs is all muscle.

Anecdotal evidence--I find I get more below-belly-button fat when I eat a higher proportion of carbs. Consider increasing protein a little and decreasing carbs a little (like 5 g each), and see if that changes where your body stores calories.

But also consider that area is hormonal fat that female bodies like to add during child-bearing years as a reserve in case you get pregnant; you cannot fight nature. Some of us don't have the genes to have the flat tummy of a bikini model; we're optimized to make kids. It may be that your personal biochemistry clings to fat in that spot such that you can't get rid of it without going to an unhealthy-low body-fat level.

Your body puts on fat based on whether you eating too many calories, not what kind of food you are eating. And having a flat tummy has nothing to do with whether you are 'optimized to make kids'. Plenty of bikini models have kids.
  • mccindy72
    I guess I get caught up with the number on the scale of most people say that's a healthy weight then I'm happy with that!

I would just like to tone up areas like my lower belly, obliques, thighs and arms!

Start lifting for body recomp.
  • Joshdeknight
    Joshdeknight Posts: 14 Member

Hey ! You want to be friends and get in shape together ?