half the person I used to be!

Options
Celebrating my “FAT-iversary” today

On this day in 2006 I went to a hospital in Germany for the first time and was diagnosed as morbidly obese. I had to step on the scales and it showed more than 150kg (23st or 330 lbs), wearing trousers size 32. Needless to say I was miserable, depressive and just sooo unhappy with my life.

FAST forward 9 years later (never been the fastest - lol), I weight now around 80kg (12st or 175 lbs) (fluctuate a couple of pounds up and down) and I managed to be keep this weight for the last 2.5 years.

So 70kg (11st or 155 lbs) lighter today – and I do not miss that “extra person” I used to carry around a single bit!

I am off to celebrate with a carrot now! (hmmm…probably a piece of cake later (one piece and not the whole cake as I used to do!)

So, for everybody out there: “Forget the quick fix diets! Eat something healthy and delicious every day, drink lots of water (or tea) every day and move around much more every day (try jogging and a bit of running)! You are not restricted to the couch and TV. Go ahead and explore a life beyond the fridge!”

Have a lovely and healthy day!!! 

PS
Somehow I couldn't attach any pics here...go to my profile to see me before and after

Replies

• Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your journey might not have been super fast but it was steady and you got there in the end. That's a lesson we could all do with learning. Well done.
  • RegainFiks
    RegainFiks Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Congratulations its a motivation to me, nothing is impossible indeed.
  • Doublemeasure
    Doublemeasure Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, well done. I have lost 25 kgs and it has taken me 10 months now, I have another 35 to go. I have up's and down's (eg 5 weeks to USA, put on 7kgs!) but got the weight off and more now. I believe that a slow weight loss is the best now. Change of lifestyle. I have an indoor rower at home, great for me and low impact for all. Thanks for the story.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story. You look amazing!!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Wonderful testimony!
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed!!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Great transformation, and that picture holding the pants is truly impressive!! Hero award for you ma'am!!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    high five for awesomeness!!!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    eg1wbl60mir0.png

This is incredible and what I'm hoping to achieve. Slow and steady and all that! Great work. :)
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. :)
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing~ so happy for you!
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing~ so happy for you!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    You go girl congrats on your journey you deserve this
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, way to get it!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    JAW DROPPING SUCCESS! Wow!!!
    Thanks for sharing your story!
    You look beeeeeautiful! :)
    CONGRATS! <3
  • SJanesWeightLoss
    SJanesWeightLoss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is incredible! <3
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Good solid advise too. So many people are searching for the miracle that so many of us have found. Living healthy is the only diet that works long term. It takes time, it takes research, it takes trial and error but in the end finding the balance between food and exercise is worth it.
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So wonderful! You look great and have such a good attitude. Thanks for sharing, and congrats!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on an awesome job! Thank you for sharing your story. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!