help...question!!

Options
avila463
avila463 Posts: 33 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am using 5 and 8 lbs dumb bells and two weeks I got me some 15 lbs. i sleep on my right side and I woke up like at 2:00 am with my right hand numb and tingling got up walked around moved my hand and problem solved. Then I switched sides and a few hours later the same thing happened to my left hand. Is that normal when you are lifting weights even though they are not heavy? I am doing p90x/insanity hybrid & jogging on days when I get a chance. Thanks...Oh I also work on my computer all day so I don't know if that has something to do as well.

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I doubt the numbness has anything to do with your weights, more likely your sleeping position.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I lift and have never had that problem. I would think you probably slept on a nerve. Has it happened again?
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I doubt the numbness has anything to do with your weights, more likely your sleeping position.
    This.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

This.

I sleep on my arms all the time and have them fall asleep, then I wonder what the hells touching me when I can't feel my own hand :laugh:
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

OP... lol.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    It sounds like carpel tunnel syndrome.

I have to sleep in wrist braces or the numbness/tingling wakes me up. You may not need them every night but you might want to buy some to wear when your wrists are bothering you.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    It sounds like carpel tunnel syndrome.

I have to sleep in wrist braces or the numbness/tingling wakes me up. You may not need them every night but you might want to buy some to wear when your wrists are bothering you.
    Just saw that OP edited her post to include being on a computer all day. So I amend my answer to carpal tunnel. Still 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with the weights.

• Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm going to agree on the Carpel Tunnel.
    Best thing I ever did was get an ergo-keyboard. I may get the occasional (once every few months) tingle but nothing like it was. Just having something to raise your wrists/forearms as you type will help alot.
  • avila463
    avila463 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. My husband just got diagnosed with carpal tunnel he has an appointment next Friday. I am going to look into that as well.