Insanity workout vs Gym

Options
GuddaB
GuddaB Posts: 30 Member
edited July 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
What´s your preference of the two?
I'Ve tried dedicating myself to workout videos this whole summer ... but could never seem to stick to it.. just was too boring for me.. yea but I´m still working on that dedication mindset slowly.
In the past when i had gym memberships i would usually go daily if i could, Idk if i´m weird for actually liking the gym a lot more than work out videos, something about that place which gives you a good feeling despite being not Fit like all the others in there.. :P (fIY, i saved up a bit of money this summer especially for that if I decide to )

So what do you guys think? Insanity videos
or buy a 3 month gym membership?

Love to hear from all of y´all :] I apologize for my bad english.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure why you're asking us - if you don't know, we don't know.

I guess the gym has more facilities (dependent upon the gym, of course) such as free weights and power racks etc.

Insanity can be done anywhere; I've heard of people ripping the audio and using it as an MP3.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    If you're more likely to work out by going to the gym than you are to do videos, then go to the gym. I'd rather go to the gym.
  • edwardetr
    edwardetr Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've done instanity and most of P90X in the garage. They gave results but got boring. I decided I wanted the company and the push from a coach and joined Crossfit. The class setting is a powerful motivator. I have been going 4 days per week consistently for 3 years. That is unusual for me. It's not cheap but worth the price for me.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Whichever one will keep you going. I'm the opposite. I find I am far more likely to do home workouts then go to the gym. So I've invested alot of money in programs and weights. If you feel like Insanity is boring and you can't stick with it then sounds to me like the gym is the better way to go. :)
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree thr workout dvds do get boring i fit in insanity videos here and there and find somebody in the video to compete with to make it more interesting sometimes lol..but i notice i wokout harder with guidance than on my own.
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    What you need the most is a work out buddy
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Well I prefer gym cos i don't really feel like doing stuff at my home and I'd need a bar and some plates haha and a dip station..and well yes truck tire,stuff I am not willing to buy so gym for me.

Then again if you had a partner you could do stuff at home or in the open air,I started with tae-bo at my living room.
  • mariadaniellemw
    mariadaniellemw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing insanity it's touch but you feel amazing after the high is mega and you are so tired you callapse bonus if you fall asleep less time to eat shirt. I do it as part of a group class in my gym try a 7 or 10 minute high intensity workout at home get as an app first
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    For me, I did Insanity and while I enjoyed it, I found that I liked the gym more. I like the sense of accomplishment in my every day workout- I ran a full mile today without stopping or I increased my weight for bicep curls or squats, whatever the case may be -as opposed to feeling like every workout goes the same with Insanity because it's so self paced.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The best exercise is the one you do. If you're asking me my personal preference, then I would take insanity any day over the gym. But again that's just me you need to decide for yourself what you like