Nerd looking for friends

Options
26 year old super nerd here, looking for support for the last 30 pounds I need to drop. Some decent conversation with fellow nerds would also be greatly appreciated :) ADD ME!!!!

Replies

• sornarin86
    sornarin86 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also trying to lose 30lbs and looking for help, advice, and motivation!
  • April0010
    April0010 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Request sent! :smiley:
  • DeDezdms
    DeDezdms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know why can't i send more friend requests =(
  • julia_lu
    julia_lu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey! By nerd does it count being a straight A student? Majoring in engineering? Videogames and anime? If so, I'm your girl! :) Feel free to add me!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Does a BS in Chemistry make me nerdy enough? If not I also like math. LOL
  • xsunshine02x
    xsunshine02x Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yep! You qualify as a nerd. I was a straight A student. Now I just play video games and MTG and watch an unhealthy amount of supernatural :)
  • briannawortham
    briannawortham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, straight A anime watcher here, lol
  • julia_lu
    julia_lu Posts: 90 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

@briannawortham I love your avatar!
  • labohn91
    labohn91 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hearthstone, d20 type nerd. Also going to loss about 30 pounds.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I was never a straight A student (fifth quintile ftw!), but after three years of ChemE, I decided I wanted to play with computers. Now, twenty years in to an IT career (fifteen as a developer, five in security) I have no regrets--Aside from having over forty pounds to lose!
  • badwolfgirl77
    badwolfgirl77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was on the math team.

Boom.

I could list many other valid representations of my nerdyness but why bother when I've got something that good?

Lol, feel free to add me. I'm brand new here and looking to build a support group. :)
  • briannawortham
    briannawortham Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    julucru wrote: »

@briannawortham I love your avatar!

Lol, thanks!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I could list many other valid representations of my nerdyness but why bother when I've got something that good?

Does it count as nerdy when my first thought jumps to, "Hey, shouldn't that be nerdiness instead of nerdyness?"

I always loved the line from "The Game": "Oh, that's right. You're a left-brained word fetishist."
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    How about being an engineer at Aston Martin and addicted to the walking dead?? :D
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    does a doctor who tattoo count? ;) nerds feel free to add me!
  • SJanesWeightLoss
    SJanesWeightLoss Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fellow nerd here! :)
  • badwolfgirl77
    badwolfgirl77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Does it count as nerdy when my first thought jumps to, "Hey, shouldn't that be nerdiness instead of nerdyness?"

I always loved the line from "The Game": "Oh, that's right. You're a left-brained word fetishist."

Um, heck yea! I'm usually the grammar/spelling police, and I am seriously ashamed of myself! Lol
    Apparently, it's better I was on the math team, and not in the spelling bee. ;)
  • xsunshine02x
    Options
    Oh man, the spelling bee was not my friend! I was the science fair geek that won every year. Then when I got to high school and there was no science fair, I went and founded an environmental science club. Yup. I was that kid.
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Nerd here! LotR and other epic fantasy mostly, with some other stuff (D&D, Catan, Doctor Who, Joss Whedon anything...) Any of my fellow nerds can feel free to add me!
  • xsunshine02x
    Options
    kaniob wrote: »
    Nerd here! LotR and other epic fantasy mostly, with some other stuff (D&D, Catan, Doctor Who, Joss Whedon anything...) Any of my fellow nerds can feel free to add me!

Now, the real question is, do you play MTG? That would be totally awesome!