I need help.

Options
I need motivation on helping me lose weight. I feel like I just can't do it anymore.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I always thought motivation would just appear when you want to do really want to get something done.

You either get it done, or you don't.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Motivation is an inside job, so it will start there. When one wants this badly enough, they just do it.
  • AhDinnaeKen
    AhDinnaeKen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I waited for motivation for about three years, honestly. It didn't matter what people said to me, what I said to myself, it just wasn't happening. I was (am) way overweight, want to start trying for a baby, and know that I need to lose to be healthy. Eventually, just last week, something clicked. Once I was able to eat healthy for three days, with no cheating, it wasn't so difficult anymore. Am I hungry now? Yes. But, for some reason, I can now say no to foods I couldn't before. So my advice is fake it 'til you make it, if you can.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Many times, motivation doesn't come until you start doing something, so get started and if you still don't feel motivated, you can always quit later.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    habit will always be there when motivation isn't. build a routine and stick with it. :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You either want to do it or you don't. If you don't, enjoy not losing. Eat and be happy.

The saddest thing is not losing and being miserable about it. Pick one and then be happy with your choice!

When you want to lose, you will. So don't beat yourself for not doing something that you don't want to do.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    People focus too much on motivation and not enough on determination. If you are determined you will stick to it even on the days when you don't feel like it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I need motivation on helping me lose weight. I feel like I just can't do it anymore.

Do you really want to lose weight? Why do you want to lose weight?
    Make a list. Usually internal motivators are going to win out over external motivators.

Motivation or not, you just have to find the right calorie level for your goal and stick to it. Set a reasonable goal with less intense, restrictive changes to start with and it will be easier to stick to.
    If you have 25 lbs or less to lose then .5- 1 lb a week is probably what you should choose. If you have 25-50 lbs to lose than 1-1.5 lbs is reasonable. If you have more than 50 lbs to lose then maybe you could set your goal for 2 lbs a week.

If you aren't sure if you want to lose weight maybe you'd be better off setting a fitness goal or trying to add more nutritious food to your diet.

• KellyKat09
    KellyKat09 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Am I hungry now? Yes. But, for some reason, I can now say no to foods I couldn't before. So my advice is fake it 'til you make it, if you can.

I Keep saying something like "this is great!" When I am eating something that I don't particularly want to eat, sometimes I need to say, "this is delicious!" It gets easier!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I am basing my question on your profile pic op, but what are your stats? Is losing weight the most appropriate goal for you to get where you want to be?