Jillian Michaels

Options
Puti98
Puti98 Posts: 40 Member
Hello Everyone! I am really into Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and 6 week six-pack. I love them, but am toning more than losing weight. I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if any of you can recommend other videos of hers that would help me drop more weight AND tone as well.

Appreciate all of your input!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped in 30 and Yoga Inferno, along with 30 Day Shred. I like all 3. Just keep up with the exercises and calorie deficit. Toning is good, it means you are keeping or building muscle while losing fat. Don't be a slave to the scale. Thank of all the other things you are accomplishing. Take measurements, too. Are your clothes feeling loser?
  • zoe894
    zoe894 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Toning is good. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn even while at rest. Eventually the scale will show more results. But in the end I would rather be toned and have a higher scale number than be skinny with no muscle.
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    When I did 30DS, I only lost 6/7lbs. I was a bit gutted as I expected more too. Results here However, I looked like I lost more and I had much better shape, especially on my abs & arms. Real confidence booster and the muscle strength helped me with my running/ cycling.

After I did that I moved onto Ripped in 30. Most of the moved repeated from 30DS,but it was nice to change routine every 7 days and not every 10! Again, not much lbs lost with it, but better shape overall.
    Don't get too hung up on the numbers :)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian's workouts too. I am doing Body Revolution right now and really like it a lot. Another one of my favorites, besides the ones that were already mentioned, is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Its all cardio and really works up a sweat.
    Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Puti98
    Puti98 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback!!! I definitely don't mind the tonight, but did want to drop some more weight. Not much, but some more. I feel way better and notice my clothes do fit better. Was just looking for alternatives.

I was looking into purchasing JM No More Trouble Zones and probably Body Revolution. I'll look into the other you all have suggested! Thanks again for the feedback, I really do appreciate it!
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Cutting your calories is how you're going to drop the weight/bodyfat. There's no other formula to it.
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    zoe894 wrote: »
    Toning is good. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn even while at rest.

That is true, but overblown frequently. Science says:

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/04/16/muscle-burn-calories/

It's a nominal gain. Even if you could put on 10 lbs. of muscle (would take months to do) you'd still only end up burning an additional 100 calories per day.

Muscle is awesome, lifting is great. But overblown, sensationalized information shouldn't be the reason to go after muscles. They're awesome on their own :)
  • unlockett
    unlockett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It took about 3-4 weeks for me to see any change with 30 day shred. I think the muscle gain is more and so counteracts the weight loss even though I lost fat. Eating leaner helped me to see more results on the scale but I'm very impressed with the physical change I can see now. Just stick to it!

• Teurfske
    Teurfske Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all

How do you log the 30 day shred in your exercises in my fitness pal?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Teurfske wrote: »
    Hi all

How do you log the 30 day shred in your exercises in my fitness pal?
    @Teurfske -
    I would probably log it as circuit training and whatever number MFP gives cut it by 50-75%.* The other option is if you have a hrm, you could create a custom entry for it and just plug in the calorie burn from the hrm.

*My Fitbit Surge gives me a gross burn of 146 calories for the workout. That's about 67.6% of what MFP would give me and I would only want to log a Net calorie burn on MFP (since BMR is included already in it's calculations). In my case, if I were logging on MFP, I would probably want to log 120 calories which is 56.6% of the number MFP would give me.
  • RowlP
    RowlP Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like NMTZ, low impact, high reps of low weights. My clothes are fitting better, losing # slowly on calorie deficit.
  • HeatherNichole1978
    HeatherNichole1978 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've had great results with Body Revolution!
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 of Killer Body & I'm so in love. My body finally feels the way it did when I was running. (I've been injured & can't do any high impact moves) there are a few jumps in the workouts that I modify, but I can do 95% of the moves.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Puti98 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I am really into Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and 6 week six-pack. I love them, but am toning more than losing weight. I'm not complaining, I was just wondering if any of you can recommend other videos of hers that would help me drop more weight AND tone as well.

Appreciate all of your input!

"Toning" is just losing the layer of fat covering existing lean muscle. If you are eating at a deficit it is highly unlikely that you are adding any muscle. Strength training helps you keep more existing muscle, and that's a good thing. You want to lose mostly fat.

Jillians DVDs are circuit training.....cardio with some strength training thrown in. A couple of exceptions....No More Trouble Zones....strictly weights

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jillian-Michaels-No-More-Trouble-Zones-DVD-p/854.htm

Killer Abs is also just strength training

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jillian-Michaels-Killer-Abs-DVD-p/821.htm

Maybe you want more cardio to burn more calories? Cardio generally burns more then strength

https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jillian-Michaels-Cardio-Kickstart-p/808.htm

• suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels too. Her Body Revolution is a awesome workout program and her new Body Shred is excellent too.