Does your metabolism drop in your late 20s?

Options
So, this time last year, I weighed 150 lb. And now I'm at a whopping 180. Idk how I gained 30 lb in a year. I didn't change any of my habits. But here I am.
I am literally FREAKING out.

I need to be back down to 150... at the most... I wanted to lose 30 lb LAST year! and now here I am with 60 lb to lose.

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one.

Replies

• ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes, I gained more weight in my 20s, 'cause ate more...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Either you're eating more or moving less. Or both.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I was less active in my mid-to-late 20s and that's when I gained a ton of weight. Then I had 3 kids/3 c-sections before I decided it's time to try to get back to what I weighed at 24.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I think it's a combination of factors.. We're (usually) more active as younger adults--Out more, doing more, experiencing more, and sitting on butt a whole lot less. We eat less because we have less disposable income. Our bodies do slow down, primarily as a biological assist--We are passing our prime fertile period, so now the body can focus on conserving energy and raising children more than staying primed for baby making.
  • weight2711
    weight2711 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am at my early 20s and gained almost 10 lbs within my first month of starting office job. Guess sitting around for 8 hrs+ and then another 8 of sleeping plus 2 from eating my meals was the main reason. Lifestyle and our biological factors really slow down the metabolism.