International Friends :)

Options
Cambria76
Cambria76 Posts: 245 Member
Hi! I am in the US but love to travel and was wondering if there are any people out there outside the US that would like to be friends with me on here. I am looking for motivation, support, fitness tips and just getting to know new people! Even if you aren't outside the US feel free to add me :)

Replies

• Suzley
    Suzley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Devon, Uk here! I love meeting people on MFP from the US, it's so refreshing that we all have the same struggles in life and great senses of humour to cope with them!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Well, I was born in and live in the US, but I travel outside of the country several times a year. I've lived in 7 countries so far and been to many more. Next year, I'll be living in China (again) for 3-4 months followed by a month backpacking trip around Europe. Does that count? :p
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I absolutely adore traveling myself! (: Just got back from a US roadtrip actually. From Scandinavia myself, adding ya. :blush:
  • Cambria76
    Options
    Works for me lilawolf! I just got back from spending 3 weeks in the UK and Europe and try to travel outside the US once or twice a year. I work in the travel industry so it's a perk! I have been to China and loved it!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Now, I am a mechanical engineer and travel for work tacking on side trips where I can, but I have traveled all of my life. Where did you go? I haven't started planning my trip yet.
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    From the US, have been living in Zambia since 2012
  • Cambria76
    Options
    I was in Beijing, did a cruise on the Yangtze and Shanghai...a few other places in between also. The people are amazing there...the food...well, I lost 10 lbs...lol. But the minute I stepped on the Great Wall I was speechless!!!
  • Cambria76
    Options
    Kaniob...that is awesome you are in Zambia! Love meeting people from all over!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Cambria76 wrote: »
    I was in Beijing, did a cruise on the Yangtze and Shanghai...a few other places in between also. The people are amazing there...the food...well, I lost 10 lbs...lol. But the minute I stepped on the Great Wall I was speechless!!!

Yeah, I spend months there, but I don't actually like most Chinese food. Some of it is fantastic though, the street food and Muslim Chinese are my favorite. I lived in Zhuhai a couple years ago, been to Hong Kong, Macau, and Beijing. Now I've been going to Chongqing. You may have visited when you cruised the Yangtze.

Where did you go in Europe other than the UK?
  • Cambria76
    Options
    I have been to Chongqing! Even got to hang out with a baby panda:) On this last trip we were in Edinburgh for a week, London a few days and then did a river cruise down the Danube. So was Germany, Austria, Slovakia and Hungary. I work for a Luxury River Cruise Company so I get to go for "work" a couple times a year. Going back in a few month...damn job!
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Derek north east UK add me
  • danielcrabb05
    danielcrabb05 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey please add me
  • thefitpandaproject
    thefitpandaproject Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Singapore. I love to travel but I have yet to travel to U.S. It's on my list tho. Send you a fR :smile:
  • kiryoku89
    kiryoku89 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm British living in Australia. Feel free to add me!