Dang it!

Options
My name is Sean, and I'm fat. I want to lose weight for the most selfish reason of all. Attraction! Yes I want to be healthier, easier on my joints and organs, but I don't want to look like a slob anymore. My wife thinks I'm still good looking, but I think she's supposed to say that. I have applied for many part time jobs at social places (ie bars and restaurants) with no luck. I think it's because they don't want a fat man serving their food or drink. Food is enjoyable to me. I love experiencing food from different places. How can you be a foodie and skinny. I am about to find out.

Replies

• mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Difficult question! Maybe have a look at 'If It Fits Your Macros' Diet?
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sean, I loved this post and see an awesome sense of humor here. (plus I have a son named Sean, so love the name!)

They say repeatedly here, "it's calories in and calories out" and I'm realizing it's truly that simple... but oh, the doing of it!

Just one day at a time, Sean... Check out some of the community posts for encouragement and motivation/ use the food diary and document honestly/ (that can really be an eye opener... made me realize how I got so far gone!)/ and get moving more.

That's my only advice for now, but there are others with a wealth of info that will probably be posting here... Welcome to MFP and wishing you great success!
  • ihatetodietalways
    ihatetodietalways Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • MaximBrew
    MaximBrew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you who wished me well!
    Maggie- thanks for the encouraging words.
    I have used the MFP app on and off for over 2 years. The hard part is sticking to it. The holidays are what kill every diet I've started. I don't know why but I can't so "No" to a piece of pumpkin pie and stuffing! Haha.
    This time I'm gonna start small. Just try and be under 1750 calories a day. Make it a routine then move lower.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Moderation
  • xsunshine02x
    xsunshine02x Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When you figure out the skinny foodie thing, let me know! I'd love to get my hands on some ramen and still be able to fit in my pants!