tracking and cheat days

Do you all still track ur macros/calories if you have a cheat meal or day???

Replies

• oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Yes. It helps me from going too overboard and my macros are still important to me. And I also count my calories over the week, so I'll have larger deficits elsewhere in the week to balance out a larger meal or a few drinks.
  • greaseswabber
    greaseswabber Posts: 238 Member
    Yes. It's still going in so it still counts. I have days that are at my TDEE. And sometimes way over. That's ok, because I can accept the lost progress toward weight loss in exchange for some brief relief from a deficit. But logging honestly is important for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Always. Even if it's just quick calories after I've reached my macros (and I still know that my quick calories are accurate).
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Yep. The food is tracked by your body, even if your MFP account doesn't reflect it. When you track it online you can see day to day the choices you've made. Maybe in the future you'll be able to see how to fit your "cheat" foods into your daily calories, so it is just part of your new life, and not cheating!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I don't really have cheat days. I want to lose and be healthy every day. But on the rare occasion that I indulge, I'll log it to the best of my ability.
  • quietblue08
    quietblue08 Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, i appreciate it!