Favorite salads

Options
I like the idea of doing salads for lunch. I get a 30 minute lunch at work, so not having to heat up a lunch saves some time. What do you like to put on your salads other than veggies. I've done taco salads, with taco meat and kidney beans; a salad with lemon pepper chicken and hard boiled eggs; and a typical chef salad.

Replies

• jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Watermelon, blue berries, feta, romaine lettuce and a raspberry vinagrette.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Cobb salad: bacon, avocado, egg, chicken.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Lettuce and spinach, beans, meat of choice (barbacoa/pulled pork is my fave but chicken, steak, turkey, salmon, tuna, smoked duck breast, ham, whatever is all good), charred broccoli and/or zucchini, shredded carrots and/or cabbage, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, egg (an over easy egg is DELICIOUS and creamy)....

Limited, optional toppings: small amount of cheese (don't really need it with the flavorful dressing. Feta is best), bacon, sunflower seeds, ?

Dressing: 2-3 parts guac/squished avocado, 1 part salsa, 1 part ranch dressing. OMG.

You can make a week's worth ahead of time (except maybe the avocado, add citrus to delay browning)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you mix it with lettuce, it's a salad. That's my philosophy. Anything and everything belongs in there. :)
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of boring with my salads, but I make mine with romaine lettuce, tomatoes, bacon bits, shredded cheese and either ranch or caesar dressing. I'm also a fan of homemade Italian. Sometimes I'll dice up some chicken and add it to my salad. I love salads! :)
  • kraft_kris
    kraft_kris Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love to have strawberries & blueberries with grilled chicken on my salads with goat cheese and poppyseed dressing. Delicious.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    spinach, apples, goat cheese, almonds, croutons, & a strawberry walnut balsamic
  • cjcool88
    cjcool88 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I will go with one of the most famous salads, invented here in Tijuana: Caesar Salad
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken, carrots, cukes, cherry tomatoes, crunchy lettuce like romaine and a sprinkle of blue cheese crumbles.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Chick peas, banana peppers and pickled veg like beets are also great!
  • Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try tomato,basil and mozzerlla with a drizzle of olive oil and salt. My favorite for summertime.
  • abrooks54
    abrooks54 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Chicken, pecan, dried cherries, feta, diced apples, cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, maple vinegarette