Losing motivation

Options
QAPmom
QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
How often do you guys have to "restart" and get re-motivated? I lost 15 and am back up about 10, I get the motivation back for a week of so, do great, then back off track. And alot of personal issues got me back into binge mood of food and drink...
Just curious what others do to recharge. Thanks!

Replies

• mcd8141984
    mcd8141984 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Every couple of months or after I get back from vacation. You can do it, hang tough!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should re- examine what you are doing and your plan as to what makes you last only a week and see if there are some practical steps to make sure you cna focus and be consistent for longer. that means being honest as well as understanding what it will take and then commiting. If its personal issues then maybe you have to find a way of addressing those or stopping them affect you?
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Perhaps addressing the personal issues that derail you would be a logical place to start.
  • chr1st1na6464
    chr1st1na6464 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Story of my life. I have lost and regained the same 50 lbs over and over again. This time I've enlisted the help of my mother and daughter and best friend. When I have lost 50, hopefully our team effort will keep me from gaining. I'm an emotional binger...frustrating!!!
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Personal issues I am working on, getting better but it really made me hit my bump in the journey and I am having a hell of a time getting with it..I appreciate the feedback guys. :)
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I set fitness goals.
  • fitmap73
    fitmap73 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try to make long term lifestyle adjustments like not drinking soft drinks and walking after dinner. Small changes add up over time! Good luck
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Have you made your journey public to your family and friends, or have you chosen to keep it to yourself right now? Have you tried writing down your goals for each day, so that you can mark off the ones you complete?