I just bought a Polar Loop...

Options
Hi! I just bought a Polar Loop activity tracker today.... I work as a department manager at Walmart and I am constantly walking, and I am tired of basically guessing how much I am walking and what I am burning. Seems like a nice bracelet, does anyone else use it? Like it? Any problems with it? Does it help you stay motivated to go further? The only downfall of it that I see so far is the app to use with it is not compatible with MFP :( ...atleast I can just copy over the info to this app. It was marked down to $35 from $100 because we won't be carrying it anymore, so I said, eh, why not... Haha

Replies

• ScubaSteve1962
    ScubaSteve1962 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I used the Loop for over a year, I never had any problems with it. I paired it with the H7 sensor when I worked out. The app is only compatible with apple products right now, they were supposed to be working on an android solution.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I used the Loop for over a year, I never had any problems with it. I paired it with the H7 sensor when I worked out. The app is only compatible with apple products right now, they were supposed to be working on an android solution.

Same here, been using mine since Jan15 and love it. Just can't wait for the android app to be updated.

Very motivating for me, has me programmed to get up from my desk every hour, walk the long way to the coffee machine and bathrooms.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I had the Loop when it first came out. Stopped using it at the last update to Android a couple months ago. Just bought the Vivosmart and so far I love it. Loop didn't consistently link to my chest strap so that was frustrating and I wanted it to link to MFP too. But at $35 you aren't out of pocket that much so I hope it meets your expectations.
  • raq13too
    raq13too Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for about 6 weeks now. I really like it because I too was guessing as to how many steps i was taking a day. I use it in conjunction with MapMyFitness, MapMyWalk or MapMyRide. The loop talks to MMF (etc.) and then MMF talks to MyFitnessPal. It's a little convoluted, but it helps when I forget to log in my workouts and such on MFP.
  • airuhka2006
    airuhka2006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    raq13too wrote: »
    I've been using it for about 6 weeks now. I really like it because I too was guessing as to how many steps i was taking a day. I use it in conjunction with MapMyFitness, MapMyWalk or MapMyRide. The loop talks to MMF (etc.) and then MMF talks to MyFitnessPal. It's a little convoluted, but it helps when I forget to log in my workouts and such on MFP.

Thanks for the advice!! I will be downloading one of those tonight!