Counting Body Pump calories...

Options
I know body pump isn't technically cardio but I work SO hard and if I log it as strength it doesn't count towards my calorie goal. So do you think I should log it as cardio (which I did) or not?

Replies

• JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i burned the same doing that as I do in an hour on the weight floor via HRM, 350.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I don't know myself but am interested in seeing what everyone says.
    Have you been doing body pump for long?
    Have you lost any weight doing so??
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I log it under strength training in the cardio section
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Options
    I count the calories and add it into cardio as Body Pump (strength) but I use a HRM. It's not straight cardio but I eat my exercise calories so I count it.
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM and just log it as an exercise in cardio
  • pjbercot
    pjbercot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also wear and HRM and log it a cardio. Loosing weight while only doing body pump will greatly depend on what you eat. I you eat a good amount of protein you will replace most of your fat with muscle and therefore might not see much difference on the scale. You should see a big difference in how you look, feel and how your clothes fit!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I log it under strength training in cardio - I think you do get a bit of a cardio workout with it, especially the squat and lunge tracks. I've been doing it off and on for about 3 years now, in combination with running and other cardio, and I think I do lose weight more consistently with it than cardio alone, not sure if you would lose by doing body pump alone, but diet is the most crucial part of weight loss anyway.