Need some advice..

Options
Been going to the gym 5 days a week.. Eating throughout the day and staying within my calorie count.. I have lost 24 pounds so far.. but for the last 2 weeks I'm not budging.. Nothing.. sometimes I even gain a few pounds aND then lose a few.. Any advice?? Getting discouraged!!!

Replies

• adirianb
    adirianb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have you tried HIIT (high intensity interval training)? That's currently my form of cardio. Only on my first week, but hopefully it will help me burn the body fat. You can do HIIT in many forms including jumping rope, running outside or on the treadmill, and circuits.
  • sazieli83
    sazieli83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have not.. I will definitely give it a try.. Thanks!!
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    sazieli83 wrote: »
    Been going to the gym 5 days a week.. Eating throughout the day and staying within my calorie count.. I have lost 24 pounds so far.. but for the last 2 weeks I'm not budging.. Nothing.. sometimes I even gain a few pounds aND then lose a few.. Any advice?? Getting discouraged!!!

Two week means nothing. Really.
  • pineapple_pizza
    pineapple_pizza Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Weight loss is not a linear process and there are lots of factors that may be affecting your readings. Make sure you are drinking enough water and logging accurately using a food scale. Just keep at it and the results will show!
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    sazieli83 wrote: »
    I have not.. I will definitely give it a try.. Thanks!!

You don't need to change anything as long as you haven't changed anything. Yes you need you lower your calorie intake as you lose weight but MFP should do that for you and that likely isn't a problem anyway. You lost 24 pounds so you are clearly on the right path. Two week is not enough info to suggest a change to your plan needs to be made. If you want to exorcise more then more power to you. That's never a bad idea. However you probably don't need to change anything.
  • sazieli83
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :) I will keep at it!!
  • mitchelsimps
    mitchelsimps Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but maybe you have hit a plateau? Slightly altering your workout or diet will help with this, but like I said I am no expert so we'll just see who agrees :p
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food? Have you adjusted your calories to accommodate your weight loss?
  • sazieli83
    Options
    I have adjusted my calorie count for my weight loss
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    I'm no expert but maybe you have hit a plateau? Slightly altering your workout or diet will help with this, but like I said I am no expert so we'll just see who agrees :p

I do not :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change anything. Two week stalls happen. They've happened to me.

Is your period coming? Have you very recently changed your exercise? Could be water weight.

But again, these things happen. Bodies are so rude sometimes.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

A plateau lasts much longer than two weeks (and are actually rarer than people think--usually, they've just stopped accurately accounting for what goes in their mouth).
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Just because your weight has not changed in two weeks is not a reason to change an otherwise successful plan. Seriously people.