New Again and needing support and a few friends.

Options
Txglitter
Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
Hey everyone <3 I have been a member for a few years but I have not been active for well over a year. I have pretty much no MFP friends left and I feel pretty much like I am floating out on this journey alone. I am in my late 40's and I feel like my metabolism is at a stand still. I need to start from scratch and all though the basic building blocks of weight loss are pretty simple I feel like what used to work no longer does. I don't have a real varied diet because I am pretty picky. I have issues with my health that is going to require a slow (but steady start) I am not looking for popularity and really need friends who are patient. I am going to give this my all. My goal is to log in daily but I really need some people that aren't going to leave if I miss a day. I would say I will probably hit about 5 days a week with log in with my schedule. So, This 47 year old out of shape girl from Texas would like to give and get support with some others. Thanks I look forward to getting back in the community.

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? Using MFP on your phone can be even more convenient and take less time than keeping a log on the web site. You don't need to log daily, but it does help keep you honest.
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I do have a smart phone. I honestly had forgotten about the app. Thanks for the reminder. :)
  • Summers266
    Summers266 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have also been on and off MFP. I'm off to a good start so hoping this time I hit my goal. Just send me a request if you want to add me.
  • funfitat42
    funfitat42 Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Txglitter wrote: »
    Hey everyone <3 I have been a member for a few years but I have not been active for well over a year. I have pretty much no MFP friends left and I feel pretty much like I am floating out on this journey alone. I am in my late 40's and I feel like my metabolism is at a stand still. I need to start from scratch and all though the basic building blocks of weight loss are pretty simple I feel like what used to work no longer does. I don't have a real varied diet because I am pretty picky. I have issues with my health that is going to require a slow (but steady start) I am not looking for popularity and really need friends who are patient. I am going to give this my all. My goal is to log in daily but I really need some people that aren't going to leave if I miss a day. I would say I will probably hit about 5 days a week with log in with my schedule. So, This 47 year old out of shape girl from Texas would like to give and get support with some others. Thanks I look forward to getting back in the community.

• funfitat42
    funfitat42 Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Im 42 and am also finding my metabolism is slowing down. Have MFP app on my phone and have lost 7 pounds in two weeks. We can do this. Here for support if you need it :)
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • mrsgusto61
    mrsgusto61 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Sometimes things just come together when you need them...such as your post. I, too, am just getting back to MFP after a lengthy absence. I am a stylist and a client of mine was sharing how she'd lost 80 pounds. I had to know her magic secret but in listening I soon learned or re-learned the magic is just the basics....it's food first, strength training and finally cardio. Calories in vs. Calories out...hence I'm back to reliable old MFP to help me track the groceries.

I am 54 yrs young, and live in Northern Alberta in a city called Grande Prairie. I'd like to find one or two people to connect with and support while we change our bodies, lives and kick this thing to the curb. I like what you said about not looking to be popular and looking for patient, reusable friends for this journey.

My name is Kelly. I'll be there for you Louise.
  • shazerb27
    shazerb27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started again myself! I'm ready for the challenge, and know that I will need some motivation and support along the way too.