My SIX MONTH plateau!! Any advice?

Justina224
Justina224 Posts: 5
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
Over the course of 2 years, I've lost 88 pounds. I still have 30 pounds to go. Over 6 months, I've lost and gained the same 5 lbs. My doctor confirms I still have 30 lbs to go to get to a healthy range, so I'm not over-reaching.

I eat just under 1200 cal/day. If I eat over that amount, I gain ... period. And according to MFP, 1200 is the amount I should eat to lose. I exercise 6 days a week, at least 4 cardio - either a hardcore class at my gym, a JM DVD, P90X (which I completed one time through) or run/jog. The other 2 days are either cardio or strength or a mix.

I really fell off the wagon of tracking because it didn't seem to matter anyway, but I've gotten back on track with that, so I can show a nutritionist or someone for some feedback.

I'm really, REALLY bummed out that I'm working as hard as ever and not seeing results - either on the scale or waistline. I mean, a month or two, OK, but SIX MONTHS??

Any one go through this?

Replies

• marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 983 Member
    Hi,

I want to see if I can help, look at your diary to see if there was something there that was stopping you from losing.... but your diary is closed....

Are you eating back you exercise calories? Have you read the link in my signature?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Are you eating 1200 *net*? And anything over that you gain weight or have you tried upping your calories slowly, like to 1300 and see how that works, then 1400, etc. I was on a 6 week plateau because I was only eating 1200 calories. I upped it to 1400 and within 2 weeks I was losing again. The "you need to eat to lose" theory worked for busting my plateau. It seems counterproductive, but it worked!
  • In 2009 I weighed 1lb less at the end of the year, than I had at the start, despite being 100% on plan with SLimming Wolrds. Beat ya ;-P
    Good luck xx
  • Justina224
    I will read your link, but if you tell me how to make my food diary public, I'll do that too. I'd love for someone to look at it and tell me where I'm going wrong.

One thought. Late night snacking . . . even if it's healthy ??? like fruit? is it just BAD?
  • Justina224
    To sooniwillbeslim: Thank you for this post, because my frustration has me close to tears and you just made me laugh out loud!
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 983 Member
    I will read your link, but if you tell me how to make my food diary public, I'll do that too. I'd love for someone to look at it and tell me where I'm going wrong.

One thought. Late night snacking . . . even if it's healthy ??? like fruit? is it just BAD?

Click on settings at the top of the page, then click on diary settings.

You can change it to public for a short while, then you can change it back to 'friends only'......

HTH

Oh.... late night snacking could have an effect....

Read this - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics

See which category you fall in & if your weight loss goals are set correctly
  • To sooniwillbeslim: Thank you for this post, because my frustration has me close to tears and you just made me laugh out loud!

hehehe Glad my anguish has amused you! lol (((hugs))) x
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Have you tried zigzagging calories?
This discussion has been closed.