Body Pump and Body Step

Options
Hello! I have been doing Body Pump and Step for about 6 months now. I do them each twice a week. I have hit a major slump. Can anyone give me some ideas on what to do now. I have actually started to regain a few lbs.

Replies

• alex51026
    alex51026 Posts: 71
    Options
    What do you mean slump? Motivation?
  • alex51026
    alex51026 Posts: 71
    Options
    What do you mean slump? Motivation?
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I would recommend incorporating Body Attack, and maybe RPM into the mix as well! When your body gets too used to a routine, your heart rate no longer raises to the same level, and you don't burn as many calories....You need to switch it up!

Coming from a die hard Body Attack-er, I was going 4 times a week for over a year....My weight loss was completely stalled. As soon as I started incorporating running into my routine, and switching things up, the weight started dropping off again!
  • pjbercot
    pjbercot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Also look real hard into what you are eating and maybe take your weights up a bit.
  • njeynes
    njeynes Posts: 2
    Options
    Definitely recommend something like Body Attack or Sh'bam (if they do it as it's quite new) both are pretty intense cardio. I really like the Les Mills classes as they change regularly so your body doesn't get 'too comfortable'. Also try circuit training as that has you switching between resistance and cardio to mix it up.
  • tashatod
    tashatod Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually teach these two programs and what I do in times of "slumpyness" is kick my butt for a couple of weeks by going to some spinning or RPM classes. It will shock your body into a new level. It works for me and I usually lose 2 pounds that week. It is good to switch it up once in a while. I also do it to remind me how hard a new class can be for new participants!!
  • tashatod
    tashatod Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree! I teach these classes all school year long. This summer I started running instead and now I am shocked when I get on the scale. I actually get on and off 3 times to make sure it is toying with me!!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Add a spin class or run.
    Lots of people like Zumba.

I love BodyPump but I cannot do the same routine week after week so I only go a couple of times a week. Other days of the week I do another weight routine and run, use the elliptical and take spin classes. As often as the routine changes in BP, I still get burnt out and don't find the class to be as effective for me unless I add other exercises OR increase my weights every other week.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I actually teach these two programs and what I do in times of "slumpyness" is kick my butt for a couple of weeks by going to some spinning or RPM classes. It will shock your body into a new level. It works for me and I usually lose 2 pounds that week. It is good to switch it up once in a while. I also do it to remind me how hard a new class can be for new participants!!

I teach both of these programs too and when a participant comes to me and says they're in a slump or "just not that into it." I tell them to take a couple of weeks off from these programs and instead do RPM, Athletic Conditioning, get in the pool, get on the treadmill, kick box, whatever just take off a week or two and come back refreshed and renewed . . . works every time. Also, have you been pushing your pump weight? add drop weight to each end to get those weights up.