Do I count this as exercise?

Options
lasuisse
lasuisse Posts: 13 Member
Hello, I work in a warehouse. 8 hours a day I am walking, packing boxes or moving around. I stand for the entire 8 hours. Does standing at work count as exercise and how do I factor it in?

Thank you.

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    u should factor it in when you set up your profile. it will ask you what your daily activity level is.

goodluck!!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    When you signed up for MFP you were asked how active your life style is. I believe you should have yours set as active. This will now account for all work activities, so only add in additional lengthy and strenuous exercise you do.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count standing but if you do heavy lifting you can log that under moving household items (boxes).
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Go to goals and set your activity level to "active". This is a job that requires standing and walking. Then your activity from work will automatically be counted into your daily calorie totals. If you change this setting, do not log your work at exercise or you will be counting those calories twice.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else, set your profile to active.
  • 06mach1
    06mach1 Posts: 6
    Options
    I agree, MFP is already counting your active day job (if set to active).
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    I'd just up your activity level to "active" and that should take care of it.