So many Yogurts to choose from

Options

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Siggis are awesome, I agree.

I also like the Carbmaster brand, very low in calories/high in protein. They do have a bit of an artificial taste to them, but I like my sweet stuff, so I dont really mind. I mostly eat the light and fit greek yogurts tho
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Siggis are awesome, I agree.

I also like the Carbmaster brand, very low in calories/high in protein. They do have a bit of an artificial taste to them, but I like my sweet stuff, so I dont really mind. I mostly eat the light and fit greek yogurts tho

I LOVE the Carbmaster yogurt. The cinnamon roll and caramel spice flavors are freaking delicious.
  • cogsci
    cogsci Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Why not make your own? This way you control what's in it!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'm all for the Dannon Oikos Triple Zero greek yogurt. 120 calories, 15g protein and 6g of fiber. I'll eat 1-2 of those every day.

I like these ones as well. Strawberry and coconut cream flavor are my favorites.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I wish stores would stock less non-fat Greek yogurt and offer better choice. 2% or 5% please.

I won't buy any yogurt that uses thickeners, there's simply no need for that crap.
  • nichalsont
    nichalsont Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    glitzy196 wrote: »
    yoplait whips. love them, i buy them buy the case at Sams club!

I love these too. The chocolate tastes like chocolate cheesecake with way fewer calories and fat. My new fave is Key Lime Pie.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Dannon Light & Fit. They add artificial sweeteners and thickeners (among other things,) that I don't like. I usually make my own yogurt due to cost reasons, but when I buy greek yogurt. I usually go with either Stonyfeild Organic or Fage. Both cost about the same, and both are delicious. Stonyfeild in particular makes a salted caramel flavor that tastes SO GOOD and makes for a wonderful dessert, especially if you put a dollop of Cocowhip on too or shave a little dark chocolate onto it.

That said, Siggi's is my favorite out of all yogurt. It's technically Skyr, not greek yogurt, but it's the thickest yogurt that I've ever been able to find. Thicker than sour cream -- seriously.

On another note, have you ever tried goat milk yogurt? Trader Joes makes a wonderful one. That place I work at carries Redwood Hills Farm goat milk yogurt, and I always snatch up all that I can whenever it goes on sale. Between my employee discount and the sale on the yogurt itself, I can usually get the single serve cups for about $0.14 each. Goat milk yogurt isn't thick like greek yogurt, but it has a creamy consistency to it that makes you think that you're getting a whole milk yogurt, even though goat milk is similar to 2% cow's milkin terms of fat. I really reccomended trying it.
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I too love and have the total 0% fage yoghurts almost everyday but I recently discovered a new high protein snack in my supermarket...its called Arla Protein and its actually Quark but comes in strawberry or blueberry flavour and one small pot has 20g of protein! Its so filling...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like Siggi's too but I only buy it when it's on sale, so not very often :(

REALLY wish we had Quark around here.
  • ffbrown25
    ffbrown25 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you got a Trader Joe's near you, the Trader Joe's brand of Greek yog is 190 cals and 18 grams of protein a serving. Also tastes great!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that the triple zero yogurts had so much fiber too... I bought more.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    For Canadians: Olympic makes a 0% fat (sadly, only zero fat) plain Greek yogurt ("Krema"), no unnecessary ingredients - 21 grams protein per 175g (3/4 cup) serving. It'd taste better if it was 2% or 5% but industry is captured by the fat free trend still.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it is better based on your goals but I really like The Greek Gods yogurt. My favorite is the honey flavor.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    edwardetr wrote: »
    If you have a Trader Joe's nearby, their Non Fat Greek yogurt is great. 120 calories, 7 g carb, 22 g protein in 1 cup serving.

My favourite is their coconut cream
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't like greek yogurt at all. I wish I did because of the higher protein content. I just buy my store brand, Publix fat free (calorie hoarding, not scared of fat) yogurt. I guess I'm not a yogurt connoisseur. I mostly buy vanilla anyway and add 148 grams of fresh blueberries or raspberries.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Mike02209 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have been including a Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt in quite a few of my daily Food Diaries. I get a little overwhelmed when looking at all the choices in the Yogurt section. Is there a better Yogurt choice I could be making?

I agree, it is overwhelming! Especially when you're looking at prices, what's on sale, etc. I hate grocery shopping :expressionless:

I just found that Dannon has 2% plain greek yogurt, and it's 17g of protein/serving (3/4 of a cup)! I was eating the vanilla one, but it had only 14g of protein for the same amount, and I mix it with frozen berries anyway so I don't really need the extra added sugar.

I'm sure many people have mentioned this, but I'm skeptical of yogurt with zero fat because something's been added to mimic the texture. I also think that plain is the best option, but if you can't eat it plain a flavour is ok. I'd been mixing 1/2 plain, 1/2 vanilla for a bit because it had a bit of sweetness, but I'm switching to just plain now.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    kae612 wrote: »

I'm sure many people have mentioned this, but I'm skeptical of yogurt with zero fat because something's been added to mimic the texture.

The yogurt I just had listed gelatin as an ingredient. Maybe that's it?

• sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    I wish stores would stock less non-fat Greek yogurt and offer better choice. 2% or 5% please.

I won't buy any yogurt that uses thickeners, there's simply no need for that crap.

I agree. Why are most yogurts fat free? It is so difficult to find yogurt with fat in it. I like the Trader Joe's European style yogurt.
  • lorirutledge1
    lorirutledge1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    revertt2d wrote: »
    My dietician says a good yogurt should have proteins in decent amount some fat no sugars added ideally no artificial sweetener but aside from me I don't know many people who like natural yogurt. The ingredient list should me short : milk bacterial culture maybe milk protein. That is on a nutritional point of view. for taste is something else

• lorirutledge1
    lorirutledge1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What does she suggest or have you tried?