Options
New to myfitnesspal, never was much for dieting but as I got older the weight slowly increased. I am out of commission for exercise (knee injury) until I heal and I HOPE I can stick to this weight loss program.

Replies

• lisology
    lisology Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome :) & good luck :D
  • lisology
    lisology Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome :) & good luck :D
  • deenie169
    deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! and welcome!
    I think of this less as a "dieting" program and more as an "accountability" program. That is, I'm not doing some specific regimen of foods and exercise, but merely looking at what and how much I eat as well as being honest with myself about my level of activity.

The difference for me in this daily "inventory" is that I can fib about it, but I'm only cheating myself AND I also have to be aware of my goals if I am logging in regularly.

I wish you well and look forward to hearing how it goes for you!:happy:
  • Jacki327
    Jacki327 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Sorry to hear about your knee injury. I had a major knee injury about 7 years ago. One piece of advice that I can give you. Don't ever let your injury be an excuse not to be healthy and stay as active as you can. This was my excuse for 7 years! I have been doing this for about a week and I did jumping jacks for the first time in 7 years this past weekend. I never thought i could b/c of my knee...I was afraid of hurting it again, but in reality I was hurting it more by not being active and gaining weight. Stay strong, be determined and don't let your own discouraging words keep you from the things you want to do. You're going to love it here!! Add me if you'd like. Just make sure you write something w/ the request on where ya saw my message.

~Becki
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    welcome!