no carbs before marbs

Options
Saab_2015
Saab_2015 Posts: 277 Member
Trying out new programme no carbs before marbs .... its only been 32hours and I'm already craving chocs and carbs HELP

Anyone tried it ??

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    I always lose my marbles anyway when I eat no carbs, so I just don't get to eat much of anything on this diet...so yah for calorie restriction.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Wha??
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This seems like the most pointless thing ever.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. Please elaborate.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    It may be a dumb question, but what are marbs?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    This appears to be some kind of short term diet plan to prepare for a trip to Marbella, which seems to have been coined from some British reality TV show. I'm not sure if this is the exact plan the OP follows, but it includes some questionable claims, although the one about turning you into Daniel Craig is probably solid:

http://sculptcore.com/no-carbs-before-marbs-the-last-minute-guide-to-getting-into-shape-before-a-holiday/
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    'Marbs' is Marbella. A popular European holiday destination for the pretentious perma-tanned fur coat no knickers end of society.

I assume this is a pointlessly restrictive 'get your body beach ready' type of 'diet'.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    This appears to be some kind of short term diet plan to prepare for a trip to Marbella, which seems to have been coined from some British reality TV show. I'm not sure if this is the exact plan the OP follows, but it includes some questionable claims, although the one about turning you into Daniel Craig is probably solid:

http://sculptcore.com/no-carbs-before-marbs-the-last-minute-guide-to-getting-into-shape-before-a-holiday/

It looks like the basic fad diet that fails to pass any critical look where common sense is applied.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    As I am currently enjoying pizza, I'm going to go ahead and say no... no I am not participating.

Also... Carbs are your friend....not your enemy. Why nix carbs?

(ETA: granted if you have a medical condition where carbs could potentially screw up yo bidnuz, you might want to ignore me...)
  • belinda_73
    belinda_73 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    protein, try some healthy fats, eat eggs, avocado, nuts throughout the day or whenever you have a craving, omega supplements. I don't cut carbs completely but only get them from fruits and veggies, greek yogurt. anything too restrictive will fail.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OP, since your diary is not open, and I'm not sure what the exact version of this diet is that you are following (so I can't really comment on the diet itself), if you are intent on eliminating sweets from your diet for a time, I would suggest focusing on nutrient-dense foods and focusing on protein, fat, and fiber, as those may help you to feel more full and limit cravings, and staying within a reasonable calorie deficit. I don't think anyone can give you more specific advice tailored to your situation without knowing your stats and having an idea of the exact plan you are following.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    'Marbs' is Marbella. A popular European holiday destination for the pretentious perma-tanned fur coat no knickers end of society.

I assume this is a pointlessly restrictive 'get your body beach ready' type of 'diet'.

HaHa..... and the truth comes out... thank you
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

Remind me to not go to Blackpool. It's also interesting that they claim their program is great for last minute losses, but you're going to feel horrible for doing it.

I'm not a fan of crash dieting right before anything, mostly because if you do run yourself ragged, you're not going to enjoy whatever you're crashing for (wedding, vacation, etc). Personally, I'd suggest picking a way of eating that allows you to stick to a moderate calorie deficit (whatever that may be for you as it is highly personal), add in some moderate cardio, do resistance training to help preserve muscle mass, and start making a list of things you'll need on your vacation. I always manage to leave something at home...
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Sounds like another dumb plan for gullible people.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    32 hours? You are actually counting the hours, lol? The name is cool though...
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

:lol:
  • kmab1985
    kmab1985 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Totally bonkers that is...Im off to Marbs next Monday for my honeymoon as I get married next Saturday and I certainly havent and wont be doing this diet plan! Theres only one reason I might reduce carbs a little bit this and thats just because I tend to get bloated the more carbs I eat so I try and alternate my days by one day eating all my carbs and one day increasing my protein which automatically reduces my carbs..I love carbs I do...I work out everyday (except weekend) so feel I need them...
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Super silly, I couldn't do my workout properly if I didn't have enough fuel, carbs are not thy enemy :P