middle age belly fat

Options
Hello. I am new to MFP and have it on my Nokia (app) so this is the first time on the website. My problem is persistant belly fat, even though it looks as though my eating habits are slimming me elsewhere. What is the best exercises to lose belly fat? Thank you.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Not sure there are any, my belly is the last place to lose fat so it may just be a case of perseverance.
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Every body loses fat differently. Belly fat always seems to be the last to go but that may be just because everyone wants it to go so all the abs work will show. Patiently continue to lose fat and all will be revealed.
  • maggiemay530
    maggiemay530 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've got that too, and like others say, we've just got to continue to burn and that will eventually go too... strengthening the core muscles help to diminish the appearance of that as we continue to lose.and firm up those abdominal muscles...I think. Any other comments on that?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. As you lose, it will come from all over.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Continue to eat at a defecit

Lift heavy things

Read this ..http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

It is possible to regain a youthful torso in middle age ...you've just got to commit to it
  • TriniYoung1
    TriniYoung1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the comments about my belly fat problem. Thank you all so much. I found a free app on my phone called a five minute workout and it shows you how to do everything, even abdominals. Yes, I am committed to it. I seen what eating right did to my body. I'm starting to feel better and think more clearly. I have noticed my skin looks younger...from drinking water and just feel better all around. Thank you all again and I will post again when I see success with my exercises.