Battling weightloss through illness and could use some hard core MFP friends!

Options
joeygirl84
joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
edited July 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hey!
I'm 31 and am recommitting after a 2 year process of adjusting to having a chronic disease.
I previously lost 101 lbs when I originally started in 2012 and through being bed ridden I gained back 80 of it :(

Needless to say I am super frustrated with that, and determined to regain my body in ways my illness will allow.

I could use some friends who are consistent with their own example on MFP...

Have a good one!

Replies

• paulasc326
    paulasc326 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Glad your feeling better! So funny, I'm looking for, committed friends also. I was going through my MFP friends and noticed 8 people have not shown up in weeks. I would love to be friends so we can hold each other accountable each day.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello! I lost 38 lbs while dealing with a chronic illness, and had surgery to correct it two years ago. I gained 10 of it back, but my body has established its new normal, plus I stopped being a brat about my food choices: i.e.,..."I worked out really hard, and I deserve to eat back my calories." That's okay every once in a while, but does't fly in the long run. I was on a two year plateau, and have started losing weight again. I won't post a new weight until I get back to my 38 lb level or less. I am getting very close to that.
  • christabelle66
    christabelle66 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had most of my thyroid removed 11 years ago and have been struggling with recurrent iron-deficiency anemia the last 2 1/2 years. These make weight gain really easy and weight loss challenging but I honestly think that the one thing that gets me in the most trouble is my own thought process. I have become a big fan of the books by Judith Beck, Brian Wasnick and Linda Spangle that help people change their thinking and their habits around food. One of my big patterns is doing really, really well with eating healthy for six or seven months and then becoming angry and frustrated that I can't eat "like a normal" person. This kind of thinking has derailed me more than once. In any case, welcome back, we have faith in you and feel free to friend me.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    joeygirl84 wrote: »
    I could use some friends who are consistent with their own example on MFP...

Here's a list of friends on Reddit's group /r/loseit from yesterday... https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/3egt35/friends_friday_move_it_and_lose_it_edition_get/ ... they're all active and welcoming new friends...
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've lost ~140 lbs despite hypothyroidism, depression, and scoliosis. I'm about to hit one year of maintenance. I know I'll never be perfect but I continue to work on becoming the best ME I can be.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm coming up on my one year anniversary here on MFP. My wife turned me onto the site as she used it to get back into shape after having three kids.

I had thyroid cancer resulting in total thyroidectomy back in 2000 and pretty much stopped working out as I transitioned from the military to a cushy civilian life. I continued eating as if I was running 6mi/day and swimming 2mi/day, but forgot to run and swim. After 15 years I ended up putting on ~75 lbs and down >50lbs since joining up.

I've found an amazing support group here - very encouraging and a source of continual inspiration.

Best regards to you and yours!