Bon Temps - Week 2 of the True Blood Challenge

Options
Hello Wonderful Team!

Proud of the great effort by us all the first week! I can't wait to see our numbers!

What is everyone's plan this week?

Here's my plan:
Monday: jog/walk, strength train
Tuesday: jog/walk morning, Zumba evening
Wednesday: jog/walk, strength train
Thursday: jog/walk
Friday: Zumba, strength train
Saturday: Zumba
Sunday: hiking

I am also cutting my carbs and sugar intake in half this week. I HOPE!!!

I hope to lose 2 lbs this week.

GO TEAM BON TEMPS!!

Replies

• melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My plan this week is:

1) survive TOM (not only that, but survive the mercurial aspect of my frequently changing TOM's in the last 8 months - it is going to slowly drive me insane, but my in-laws, who are all doctors, insist it is related to my dieting/exercise/weight loss)
    2) Monday (Zumba+yoga+weight training)
    3) Tuesday (10 mins step/10 minutes boxing/20 minutes Zumba)
    4) Wednesday (2 - 3 mile walk)
    5) Thursday (Zumba+yoga+weight training)
    6) Friday (2-3 mile walk)
    7) Saturday (Zumba+yoga+weight training)
    8) Sunday (rest)

I am working on eating more whole wheat and vegetables, and getting white breads out of my diet. Kinda hard because my husband wants to stay on white carbs. =p For now we buy two different loaves of bread every week. I'm still trying to talk him into at least trying whole wheat pasta.
  • fosterks
    fosterks Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Monday - moved house - shattered!!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday - rest day
    Wednesday - circuits and spin
    Thursday - boxercise and body pump
    Friday - spin
    Saturday - circuits, spin and pilates
    Sunday - run 8m
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • Pam37841
    Pam37841 Posts: 286
    Options
    Kimbersnewlife

You will have to contact Unaffected. If she has had some drop outs she might have room.
  • Pam37841
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread this week. and for encouraging me to make a plan.

My plan:

Monday: Hiking/swimming,
    Tuesday: Gazelle 3 -4 miles. Core revelation strength training
    Wednesday: Gazelle 3 -4 miles - Upper body sculpt
    Thursday: jog/walk Gazelle 3 -4 miles. Core revelation Strength training
    Friday: Zumba, strength train Gazelle 3 -4 miles - Upper body sculpt
    Saturday: hiking/swimming
    Sunday: Rest
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Can't wait to see our numbers! I lost 0.8lbs - which is pretty good for me.

My plan for the week so far is

Monday: Moky display
    Tuesday: Moky
    Wednesday: Nothing
    Thursday: Moky
    Friday: Nothing
    Saturday: Nothing as of yet
    Sunday: Nothing as of yet.

I still need to plan something for the weekend.

And im just going to try and stick to a healthy eating plan as ive eaten a lot of rubbish recently.

Good luck everyone!!!

Katie
    x
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hey you guys
    My Plan is to do the walk away the pounds dvd 5 times this week as well as my regual 30 min walks around the neighborhood and throw some dancing in there. its fairily simple but this what works for me. I'm also thinking about getting a bike. have great day all I hope we win this week fingers cros

GO TEAM BON TEMPS!!!!
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My Plan for this week:
    Mon-Bike ride/weight Training (Done) :drinker:
    Tues-Long Bike ride
    Wed-Bike Ride/Weight Training
    Thurs- Long Bike ride
    Fri-Bike ride/Weight Training
    Sat-Long, long Bike Ride
    Sun-Rest :wink: Maybe walk :laugh:
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Argh! I'm so frustrated with clothing sizes! Here in Greece, I can't find anything but "skinny leg" jeans. I finally found some that weren't so "skinny leg", but still a bit. The problem? The size 48's (same as U.S. size 12) are too big at the waist and hips - and the size 46's (U.S. size 10) are waaaay too tight on my thighs (but perfect on my waist and hips) - I walk like a zombie because of the legs! Why do our bodies just never fit things right? I had to buy the bigger size for now with a tight belt. it is better than no jeans at all, I guess. =p
  • Jbledsoe42
    Jbledsoe42 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I hate that melusinagr! I also hate how my husband can go into a store and buy jeans without trying them on!:angry:
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    OK, My plan for this week is
    Monday: burned 600 calories with elliptical/ treadmill
    Tuesday: Cardio conditioning/sculpt interval/ balance training and walk(15 min. each)
    Wednesday: Body Scuplt and elliptical
    Thursday: Zumba/ weight training
    Friday: Pilates
    Saturday: Turbo Jam
    Sunday: Zumba/ elliptical

My personal goal is to burn 4500 calories
  • msmmrobinson
    Options
    Needless to say it's TOM so I did not lose any weight but I didn't gain any either so that's a plus.

This weeks plan is to do some sort of exercise everyday and to drink water, water and more water. Consuming water is so hard for me but I am determined this week!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Goals for this week......
    Yesterday, (monday) the whole family took a walk after breakfast for about 50 minutes and ended up at the park playing with my kidlets.
    Tuesday: RUN!!! I will run today at lunch. I'm kinda slow but hoping to make it to 2.5 miles.
    Wednesday: I'm hoping to check out the Zumba class at our rec center in my neighborhood. I've never done Zumba but it looks like fun. I'm kinda on the shy side but I"m hoping I will unabashedly shake my bum to the music.
    Thursday: RUN! Hopefully 2.75 miles.
    Friday: Walk for an hour at lunch.
    Saturday: RUN! Hoping for 3 miles.
    Sunday: rest day. (hopefully sleep in until 7 a.m.)

Other goals include drinking 10 glasses of h20 everyday. Laying off the Hershey's mini candy bars a collegue keeps in her office. Keeping my sodium to around 1500 each day. Logging all my food. I'm good to log during the day, but when I get home from work, the last thing I do is log on, so dinner usu. doesn't get logged.
  • linzoglesby
    linzoglesby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the same plan each week.

Mon - Thurs I wake up early and go workout for an hour at the gym before I get my toddler up then go to work. I do 15 minutes of cardio, 30 minutes of weights and then 15 more minutes of cardio. I talk Fri - Sun off from the gym, but try and do activities with my daughter and chasing a toddler around all day is quite a work out in itself sometimes! I've done with for two weeks straight and love it because it gives me some time to myself in the morning before everyone gets up to start the day.
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    LETS DO THIS TEAM BON TEMP WE LOST THIS WEEK BY A LIL BIT SO NEXT WEEK IS OURS!!!

GO TEAM BONTEMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pam37841
    Options
    Yes! We will take it this week! Everyone did great! Keep pushing through and don't give up!
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Where can I find the results? (Sorry)
  • unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Team Bon Temps!

Just wanted to mention a couple things. First, next time you guys start a team thread, will you please put *CLOSED GROUP* in the title? I don't want you guys to be inundated with requests to join. You might even want to put in the very first post something about it being a closed group, and that if you would like to be put on the waiting list, to contact me. :wink:

Next, I wanted to post an updated roster! I have added at least one more person since I last posted the roster. Be sure you have all of the members on your friends list! The newest additions are at the bottom of the list:

alana926
    alexandrarae90
    bjam1234
    bringerofrain
    curvykatie
    Jarrettd
    jbledsoe42
    Jessica_shmkr
    jwls23
    linzoglesby
    msmmrobinson
    MyFriendLinn
    Pam37841
    slinkybaz
    stariera
    stenochick
    texasnursemom7
    Sanya77
    Matchamatcha
    melusinagr
    rperez301

Great job this week! Keep it up! :drinker:
  • stariera
    stariera Posts: 224
    Options
    I've had a really rough start to my week this week so for me at this point it's to get back on track... My plan is to start my typical everyday routine... and my chosen work out schedule. I gave myself 2 days off after dieting for 4 weeks straight with no cheating... With my son sick it was really hard for me to stay on task and on schedule.
    Strength training 2 out of every 3 days
    My cardio is working with my horses and am now taking on the task of training a friends gelding so I'll be spending at least a hour or more with hard training in the saddle at least one day if not two a week.
    On top of that I'll be getting on my gazelle for at least 15-20 min a night
    With that I am sticking to my normal foods but may be adding some carbs to a couple meals when I'm riding so I can keep my calories up on those days. I burn way too many not to make up at least some of them.

Hope you all have a great week and hope we have great weigh ins next week