What do you do to loss weight?

Options
Lovemehatemebytchez
Lovemehatemebytchez Posts: 119 Member
edited July 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
So I try to eat about 1500 to 1700 calories a day. I work out seven days a week for about 30 minutes to an hour doing all sorts of different exercise. I do cardio, I love running and going to the gym as well as hiking. I try to get at least one rest day in a week, but I think I'm addicted. Hehe! I burn from anywhere 500 to 1100 calories, so says my Polar watch. I know everybody's different! I'm 5'6 ft and weight 283lbs and so far I have lost 25 pounds in 4 months. Yay me! I would just like to hear what everybody else does to lose weight or feel health? Thanks for sharing.

[Edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ate less and exercised more :)
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I weigh ALL my food on a food scale ( i dont use cups/spoons or servings sizes either) so i know as accurate as possible what my calorie intake is. I created a deficit and walla weight drops off :) (101 pounds in 9 months)

Next to that i exercise for about 300 calories a day, 6 days a week.

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I ate less and moved more. My last fifteen were done with walking alone. Not that I'm pushing just walking but medical reasons forced me to stop running and lifting for the last 4 months.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Eat less and move more. That's it. Oh wait, I use a food scale too.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    - weigh and log everything I eat
    - cooking most of my meals from scratch so I can control what goes into my food and how many calories it has
    - meal prep.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Weighed my food with a food scale so I had a more accurate calorie count. Got me out of a plateau.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off-limits. Everything in moderation (if I'm not sure I can moderate, I abstain until I'm more confident). Counting calories. Moving more.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I overhauled my diet and lost forty pounds before I was convinced that I was really losing weight. I didn't do it to lose weight. I did it to get healthier, but the weight started coming off.

I added exercise.

I started logging because the dietitian recommended it. I started weighing to learn about calories and portions.

Now, I'm trying to learn to eat without a scale and logging. That will be the real test for me. I will know I've succeeded completely when I can eat without any weighing and logging and maintain a healthy weight. It's taking forever, but it have time before I'm done losing, anyway.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    concentrated on eating less goal was 1320-1550 .. trying to get in as much protien in a day as possible reached only 55g on a good day . exercise30-45 minutes5 days of the week .. 0zero cheat days/meals
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I use a Jawbone UP so I know how many calories I burn in a day. I had to wean myself off of habitually overeating. Now that I've got my appetite in control, I simply eat less than I burn. I've been doing it long enough that I know when it's gonna be a 1400 calorie day vs a 1700 calorie day. At my rate of calorie burn, I know I can't afford to eat more than 1800 calories, even on a high-exercise day. At the gym I do various weight machines for a bit, then elliptical and/or walk on the treadmill. Lately it's been just treadmill because I'm in a step duel on my UP app and I want to beat my opponent! Oh and food scales are a MUST.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When I focus on eating more protein, the other macros seem to fall into place more easily. I don't worry about low-carb or diet this or diet that, I eat what I want & use portion control.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Eat less and move more.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I avoid all the bad foods and eat only the good foods. LOL...I'm just kidding. I eat whatever I want. Although I am really strict about weighing and logging everything even if it's only a single strawberry. If I do go over on my calories I try to work out a little longer on the treadmill or if I'm gonna be over significantly than I plan to eat less the day or two before or after to make up for it. I don't believe in cheat days. I just plan my life as much as possible and make up for it if I can. If not....I just move on and get back on track after that slip up.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    I eat fewer calories than I burn ... this is often known as CICO (Calories in < Calories out).

So far I've lost 16 kg that way, so it seems to be working. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    I eat less than I burn. It seems silly and flippant, but once I realized how simple (but not always easy it is), everything changed.

That is a really good way of putting it ... simple, but not always easy.

• Lovemehatemebytchez
    Lovemehatemebytchez Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I weigh ALL my food on a food scale ( i dont use cups/spoons or servings sizes either) so i know as accurate as possible what my calorie intake is. I created a deficit and walla weight drops off :) (101 pounds in 9 months)

Congrads on losing a hundred and one pounds girly
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

Congrads on losing a hundred and one pounds girly

ty :)

• gainesma
    gainesma Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So I try to eat about 1500 to 1700 calories a day. I work out seven days a week for about 30 minutes to an hour doing all sorts of different exercise. I do cardio, I love running and going to the gym as well as hiking. I try to get at least one rest day in a week, but I think I'm addicted. Hehe! I burn from anywhere 500 to 1100 calories, so says my Polar watch. I know everybody's different! I'm 5'6 ft and weight 283lbs and so far I have lost 25 pounds in 4 months. Yay me! I would just like to hear what everybody else does to lose weight or feel health? Thanks for sharing.

[Edited by MFP Mods]

■■■ I'm 6' + at 250lbs, diabetic type2, I've been as heavy as 285. I've been ketogenic for 10 weeks now and eliminated over 300+ injections of insulin since starting. 1st 4 weeks I ate a lot of fat calories in excess of 3k per day to get glucose lowered and to lower insulin response. Within day three my sugars normalized better than when taking drugs. After week 4 I notices even though I was still eating high fat, I had moved down to 1300 to 1600 calories per day. I believe without all that excess insulin floating around I just wasn't that hungry anymore but when I am I just eat fat and poof all binging disappears into the abyss.

I bike moderately, do light resistance tearing because I have a left shoulder injury. But I'm not terribly active now. Starting week 5 though I started to lose 2 to 3 lbs a week and I eat a rich fat satisfying diet with green leafy high nutrient veggies.

I'm mostly happy about my blood sugar and no longer requiring injectable insulin. The added benefit of being ketogenic adapted is I burn body fat for energy easily now 24x7 without even having to think about it. My body in a sense is now working for me instead of against me...