Lazy significant other

pizzygirltx
pizzygirltx Posts: 96
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
I need advice on how to deal with a lazy boyfriend. I am working so hard to eat right and exercise and all he does is sit on the couch watching TV because "exercising(or even house work for that matter) is too hard." Please share your stories on how you deal with/h/ have dealt with your lazy significant other!

Replies

• hkfoury
    hkfoury Posts: 2
    My husband does not diet or exercise either. I get angry too, but just try to stick to my plan and not let him influence my decisions.
  • jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    I can see how it can be very hard with an unsupposrtive partner but know that you are doing this for you not him!! Do not let him discourage your efforts. Maybe when he sees you having some success he may join?!?! Just don't give up because he is not with you in your endeavor!!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    My husband wont do anything physical and I'm pretty sure he eats a couple more meals after I feed him dinner. I offered to help him do the same thing as me once and he freaked out and ate even more. Apparently thinking about what he shouldn't eat makes him need to eat more. So I just dropped it. He wont come around until he's ready to. I can only hope that watching my progress will give him hope and inspiration to change. He wont be able to grow old with me if he doesn't change, which make me both sad and angry. I love him and don't want to lose him.
  • pizzygirltx
    pizzygirltx Posts: 96
    My husband wont do anything physical and I'm pretty sure he eats a couple more meals after I feed him dinner. I offered to help him do the same thing as me once and he freaked out and ate even more. Apparently thinking about what he shouldn't eat makes him need to eat more. So I just dropped it. He wont come around until he's ready to. I can only hope that watching my progress will give him hope and inspiration to change. He wont be able to grow old with me if he doesn't change, which make me both sad and angry. I love him and don't want to lose him.

I am with you on this one. My Boyfriend is a liver cancer survivor and kidney transplant patient. All he eats is ramen noodles, ravioli from a can, and mac-n-cheese. He drinks Pepsi like it is about to be banned. His doctors have told him many times to eat better and exercise more, but my boyfriend insists that is what his meds are for. He thinks he is invincible. But on top of that, he is simply lazy. He does absolutely NOTHING other than eat, sleep and go to work unless I nag him. He is at increased risk of early death because of all of his medical issues, yet he has no motivation to do anything about it. I want to spend my life with him, but am afraid to waste my energy when he probably won't have a long life anyway and I'll be left alone and have to start over.....I don't want to lose him but I am at my wits end!
This discussion has been closed.