Grain free community.

Options
PMTpower
PMTpower Posts: 12 Member
hi guys, this is Trish! Just want to connect with peeps who are adopting a grain free lifestyle like myself. I'm 9 lbs away from my goal. 20 weeks postpartum today....

Replies

• cmtmarieee
    cmtmarieee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been paleo for 4 years over here :) I also started after having my daughter! Good luck to you!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Faithful_Chosen Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Grain free as well, intollerant, sadly. Such a hassle... Still, I've adapted by now ^_^
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Paleo 4 months!! Looking great and feeling better!
  • PMTpower
    Options
    Nice job guys! So something quick since going Paleolithic? Have you notice your cholesterol levels go up rather than down? Reason I ask is because I'm getting my physical soon and my insurance rewards me if I have a good lipid profile. Just want to make sure this "diet" will not change my good lipid levels pre pregnancy
  • rhiannonfj
    rhiannonfj Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Trish, nice to meet you! I've now been grain-free for three weeks, and I feel amazing!!

I find that the best thing about eating grain-free/paleo is that it stops all the spikes/lows in mood that you get from eating sugar, and it clears up the digestive issues many people encounter with gluten!! It makes me feel good, focused, I sleep well at night...

And for me, that change in mood helps me lose the weight as much as the calorie-cuttting does, becuase I don't feel like binge eating anymore when I feel sad or stressed.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • Faithful_Chosen
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm now nearly three years completely (grass seed) grain free due to intollerances. I've had a few exposures along the way, unfortunately, but overall I have settled into it rather easily and I have never felt better! No more ~14 hour/24 hours spent sleeping, no more bloating and cramps, no more eternal headache, no more muscle spasms and best of all: no more leg paralysis! I have never felt stronger and happier! Cutting out grains has given me my life back :love:

I look forward to chatting with others who had to, or wanted to, be grain free.
  • PMTpower
    Options
    Hello there! Had a baby 5 months ago and grain free dairy free now for close to 2 months... Hope I did it sooner... My energy level is up and I am fitting into my clothes prepregnancy.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I'm there now too.
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    More grains for me!
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Health issues aside I'm amazed at the number of people turning against the very thing that has allowed civilization to exist at all. Patiently awaiting the no water trend to start.
  • Faithful_Chosen
    Options
    Drewlssix wrote: »
    Health issues aside I'm amazed at the number of people turning against the very thing that has allowed civilization to exist at all. Patiently awaiting the no water trend to start.

In the western world, you mean? :tongue: But yeah, I'd give a LOT to be able to eat grains without being reduced to a pile of misery!
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options

In the western world, you mean? :tongue: But yeah, I'd give a LOT to be able to eat grains without being reduced to a pile of misery!

I do have a bit of dairy intolerance, I have found that by greatly reducing my overall calories that my symptoms all but disappear if dairy is kept to a minimum. But the last two days with the heat my work has been providing gator aid, snacks and gasp! Ice cream. Things have not been pleasant.

As for grains we have enacted a soft ban on sliced bread, while two sandwiches seem like a reasonable meal the nearly 600 calories just from the bread made it hard to stay on target. If I have any at all I stick to a single sandwich and use tha calories saved to load it up with meats and other goodies. Makes for a more satisfying meal for the calorie count.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options

I watched a documentary the other day called the Perfect Human Diet. It looked into the historical diet of man, not just the last few thousand years when agriculture was discovered, but back to when the Neanderthals were around. I'm sure you can guess what sort of diet the show supported.

Anyways, a quote from the show was given in response to people saying that going grain free is a fad:

"If grain free is a fad, it is a two million year old fad."

I liked that.

Oh say, a water free trend would probably help out California quite a bit.