receipies

Options
I am new to this and I am looking for recipes for instance I would like to make my own oil and vingar salad dressing
I don't know how to add recipes that I make so I would know how many calories I am consuming

Replies

• Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    most oils go for 40 calories per teaspoon. Most vinegars you don't even need to count except for maybe balsamic. The recipe forum is full of good stuff.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Options
    Go up to the blue tool bar on your screen under the MFP logo. click food then click recipes. Then if you want you can enter ingredients manually and MFP will find them and give you cal counts and nutritional info for each. Then you just add a title in the title box and MFP stores each of your recipes right there. You can then go back to "recipes" and instantly log any one to any meal. I love this feature on MFP and use it all the time.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,612 Member
    Options
    Oh and then after you inter your recipe, you have to click "save" or "save and log".
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    To input a recipe go to the Food section of your home page then go to the recipe section. If you are in-putting a recipe you found online you can type in the URL in the recipe importer and click Import Recipe. If it finds it then the ingredients will pull up in a list. Click Match Ingredients. It will automatically match ingredients if they are in the MFP database. If not then you can do a search and find the closest ingredient. Once all ingredients are matched click Save or Save & Log It. You can also enter a recipe manually by just searching and adding each ingredient. Here is my go to salad dressing. In a small jar add 1/4 cup vinegar (your choice I use red wine vinegar), 1/8 cup oil (your choice I use canola or olive), 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, a squeeze of lemon, lime, or orange juice, salt, and pepper. Cover the jar and give it a good shake until thoroughly mixed. One tablespoon equals 42 calories and 5 grams of fat.