Gifts for 100 pound loss?

Options
mamatokmg
mamatokmg Posts: 2 Member
A dear friend of mine is about to hit 100 pounds lost so far on her journey, and I want to get her a gift to congratulate her and to help keep her motivated. She is an amazing inspiration. Anyone have any ideas of what would be good? I can't spend any more than about $40 tops.

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Have a custom t-shirt made. You can design the shirt yourself at the following site and have it shipped to her if you like. The gift will mean so much more, because you made it personal for her. And every time she wears it, she will think of you and how far she has come.

http://www.customink.com
  • Trishfitz78
    Trishfitz78 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Voucher for some kind of pamper. A massage or a pedicure or manicure. Something just for her. :)
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    While I think that @BasicGreatGuy has a sweet thought, if it were me I would not like a shirt like that. I am really picky about my clothes.

I would probably go with a groupon for a spa treatment and get one for yourself to and make a day of it. Or sticking to the theme of the shirt you could make a certificate and frame it for her. Maybe have something with an affirmation about herself and a mirror?

My gifts to myself are things like going to a free music festival or tickets to a college play or ballet. Cheap but fun. I have also resolved to go by myself if no one else will go with me.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    What does she like? Hobbies? Favorite colors? Favorite stores? If all else fails, get her a gift card! I love getting gift cards.
  • mamatokmg
    mamatokmg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I should add that she is across the country from me.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    well if you want to congratulate her on her progress, maybe get her something that may aid her for the rest of her journey. maybe a fitness tracker of some kind, if she doesnt have one, like fitbit or a heart rate monitor. or maybe a gift card to a shoe store if she wants some new shoes for exercising. or a gift card to her favorite clothing store would be a great gift because losing weight is costly if you want nice clothes!
  • spearmintskies
    spearmintskies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Spa day gift card!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    mamatokmg wrote: »
    I should add that she is across the country from me.
    With that new information, how about an Amazon gift card? You can have it instantly emailed to her and include a personalized note of congratulations.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    How about a nice necklace with a charm that symbolizes her loss and your support. Etsy has alot of em. Even a favorite phrase. Or pretty earrings:)
  • LBCindy
    LBCindy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How about a facial or makeover? New haircut gift certificate? With that new body, she may be ready for a new look as well.
  • Bridgetthegre
    Bridgetthegre Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Gift card to a clothing store, or Amazon if you don't know where she might like to shop. Alternatively, flowers and a big congratulations are always nice.
  • catt952
    catt952 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could organize for her to get professional photos taken
  • cristical
    cristical Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm about to hit the 100 pound mark and its inspired me to try out a new haircut soon, clothes, makeup and ect. So maybe a gift card or some of those things. Something to do with strength training would be cool!
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    All these ideas sound good but regardless what you get her, knowing that you cared enough to recognize the milestone and send her something is the best gift of all.
  • katherinemeyer110
    katherinemeyer110 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gift card to a clothing store she likes! It is probably something she needs, too! Also cheap to send to her, and you are sure she will get something she likes!
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    If you know what size she is you could join Kate Hudson's Fabuletics Online Shopping site and get her two piece workout set for $25.00.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Send her your love and best wishes x
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Years ago I passed a difficult exam with 100% and my employer gave me a beautiful silver pen that said '100 club' engraved on it. I'm still really proud every time I use that pen. Maybe a pen like that will motivate and inspire her, and remind her of her achievement when she uses it?

I'm a little bit wary about spa days as not everyone feels comfortable in that sort of situation, particularly if she still has body image issues. I don't really like for anyone to touch me or do my make-up, it feels too personal.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I think nice card and something like a gift card.

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Tickets to your local amusement park ! Oh and for the love of God, if it's Six Flags, throw in Gold Flash Passes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!