NSV! 2-piece bathing suit!

Options
missmiller1
missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
I haven't worn a swim suit in 15 years, let alone a two-piece! I made this 1940s swimsuit yesterday and can't wait to wear it at the lake this summer!

s640x480.jpg

s640x480-1.jpg

No way I would have worn it at 200 pounds!
Disneyland-1-1.jpg

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    How cute is that! It looks fantastic on you! Great job!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    You look awesome and the suit is adorable!
  • willbthin2
    willbthin2 Posts: 31
    Options
    wow :) bet your made up! xx
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    way to go..congrats..i'm thinking that skirt should be shorter though lol..show off some legs
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    very nice . wow what a transformation on yourself. your very talented with the sewing machine also...:flowerforyou:
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    awww i love it!!!
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    You look great & the suit is adorable!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    that is a totally cool style! you look great!
  • tukrainets
    tukrainets Posts: 119
    Options
    thats so cute:) and great job, u look amazing.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    ha! That is cute :) You look fantastic
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    way to go..congrats..i'm thinking that skirt should be shorter though lol..show off some legs

I agree(:
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Super cute!! Great job on your progress and keep up the hard work! You look amazing :)
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    200 pounds ago! excellent! You Look great and your suit is very cute! :smile:
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    very cute! congrats!! i want one!! LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    So cute!!!!!!!! And I just :heart: that you made it yourself!
  • jhamlin6668
    jhamlin6668 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Both the weight loss and the suit. Word to the wise - if this is the first time you've sewn with lycra/spandex or elastic - try it out in the shower or tub first (voice of experience here). Want to make sure the fabric won't sag, be see through, or the elastic/thread gives too much. Don't want to rain on your parade - I just didn't think you wanted to be naked in public - lol. I'm really inspired - to stick with my new lifestyle and break out the sewing machine.

I had lost quite a bit of weight 10 years ago and got a two piece - a tankini, so it covered my midriff. When it came in the mail it was such a bad shade of green (and I still felt pretty fat) so we spent the summer calling it "The Sherman Tank-ini" cause that's what I felt like when I wore it!

Julie
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight and your suit. Loving the suits, dresses, aprons, shoes and hats coming back from the past!!! They knew STYLE, in their day! "Congrats!"
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Classy! I like it.
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    OMG that is so cute!!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I want tips on how to look as good as you AND how to sew that bathing suit!! U R BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!