Weightloss Clinic

Options
2»

Replies

• Reygne
    Reygne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bealio85 wrote: »
    I really do not appreciate the negativity that I'm seeing. Just because I'm taking them does not mean I'm not also putting in hard work. I'm not just sitting around on my *kitten* while hoping a pill will magically make me lose weight. I'm taking it in addition to working my *kitten* off and I am learning to proportion my meals and seeking help from the dietician so I know what to eat, how much protein, carbs, etc my body needs.. Everyone starts somewhere, this is my journey that I have just started. I'm seeing where people are saying how expensive it is, well that may be for some but for me..my insurance covers it so I pay nothing. Why wouldn't I take advantage from a medical professional who can help guide me where I need to be?
    If Phentermine gives me any issues I will discontinue to take it, and that doesn't mean I will stop working out and eating right though.

well i am sorry to say this site is full of sanctimonious *kitten*

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Reygne wrote: »
    bealio85 wrote: »
    I really do not appreciate the negativity that I'm seeing. Just because I'm taking them does not mean I'm not also putting in hard work. I'm not just sitting around on my *kitten* while hoping a pill will magically make me lose weight. I'm taking it in addition to working my *kitten* off and I am learning to proportion my meals and seeking help from the dietician so I know what to eat, how much protein, carbs, etc my body needs.. Everyone starts somewhere, this is my journey that I have just started. I'm seeing where people are saying how expensive it is, well that may be for some but for me..my insurance covers it so I pay nothing. Why wouldn't I take advantage from a medical professional who can help guide me where I need to be?
    If Phentermine gives me any issues I will discontinue to take it, and that doesn't mean I will stop working out and eating right though.

well i am sorry to say this site is full of sanctimonious *kitten*

Actually no, this site is full of people who have been here a long time (5 years). who have been in this weight loss game a looooong time and lost substantial weight (120lbs) who have been there and done that and are trying to help prevent others making the same mistakes that they did. Because most 'quick fix' lose weight quick' gimmicks don't work long term and eventually people rebound and rebound hard then end up back here with an additional 20lbs to lose!
  • margauxmilchen
    margauxmilchen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just started on Phentermine through gastro clinic at Kaiser.i already work out 5 days a week and eat low carb organic, but my metabolism is slow and i have 120 lbs to lose. I hope this works for me ...no b12 shots though. I never heard of that. So far no side effects at all.
  • annakadabra_
    annakadabra_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey there OP! I've been using MFP and tracking daily calories this year, and I've gone from 103.5kg to 93.5kg in four months! All I did was cut calories down to 1200-1500 (experimented a lot) and move more (i.e. walk to work instead of taking bus, etc.).

Then I stalled for a month and decided to try Phentermine for a short term trial (I got 30 tablets) to help curb my appetite. I plan to take half a tablet daily in addition to continuing my moderate caloric deficit and usual workouts. There's no denying that this is far from the healthiest, safest and "best" course of action, but you know, as an adult I'm making that choice.

Why would I want to take a prescription stimulant? I am obese, I have high blood pressure, high cholesterol and although I'm not diabetic (or pre-diabetic) it's definitely a concern. I want to have children in the near future (I'm 31). Whether I end up sticking with the stimulant for a while or not, I'd like to hear about other people's experiences about it. Also, it's very important to be well informed and aware of the dangers (and less dangerous alternatives like plain ol' CICO) when considering starting Phentermine (and any medication). That being said, we need to make the decision that is right for us. I got a blood test, I had a full check up, I consulted with a doctor and well, I got the green light. We shall see how it goes! :blush:
  • bealio85
    bealio85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been taking it for almost a month now and no crazy side effects here. It doesn't really give me a ton of energy like I've heard people say, but definitely has curbed my appetite, which I love! I'm not going all day being hungry while I change my food intake drastically (obviously why I'm obese to begin with is cause I ate ALOT) learning portion control is really a lot easier when I'm not dying for more food after I eat lol!
    So far so good, no complaints here.
  • annakadabra_
    annakadabra_ Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    @bealio85 Thanks for the update! It definitely sounds like an opportunity to teach your body about better portion control. I'm definitely obese due to my overeating - there's no other excuse! >_< I took a half tablet of Phentermine 5 hours ago and I've since them drank a litre of water (about normal in this heat) and survived 3 hours of teaching school summer camp to little kids! Usually I'd need at least two cups of coffee to be alert, but I'm feeling quite good now. My energy has increased but remains stable and constant. I think I'll stick to the half-dose each morning unless side effects rear their ugly heads.

Best of luck!
  • bealio85
    bealio85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oh! There is one side effect that I do have from it, I didn't even think of it until you mentioned drinking a lot of water..it does give me cotton mouth so I'm constantly drinking water! ..which isn't a bad thing lol
    I started off taking 1/2 tablet for the first week that I was on it but now I'm taking the whole tablet. One thing I have learned is not to take the pill later in the afternoon (any time after 2pm is a no no for me) because then I won't sleep at night..even though I don't really feel a big increase in energy throughout the day, it still seems to keep me up at night, so I make sure to take it first thing in the morning.
  • Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Honestly the weight loss clinics are what I feel desperate people search for as they don't understand weightloss. Myself I was one. I then moved to a new town and joined a boot camp. My instructor is a personal trainer who made me see the light. Making a conscience effort to watch what your eating and work out 6x a week. She gave me all the skills I needed to lose weight on my own. Maybe search something similar out in your home town.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What kind of weight loss clinic? I have had great success with a hospital-based weight loss clinic. 60 pounds down since November, 13 left to a healthy weight. I am not taking any drugs of supplements, but the doctor, registered dietician, and behavioral psychologist there have been fantastically helpful and supportive. I couldn't have done it without them.
  • FitRoberta
    FitRoberta Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    dennshah01 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Hard work is free.

Preach!

===========

Don't depend on drugs to help you control your cravings, especially this one. It's predecessor was called Fen-Phen and it caused heart issues. After lawsuits and the craziness that goes with bad pharma research that crashes and burns, I believe FDA banned it.

Phentermine is NOT a predecessor of Fen-Phen. Fen-Phen was a combination of Phentermine and another drug. It was the other drug in the combo that caused heart problems, and was banned. Phentermine has been prescribed as an appetite suppressant since the 1950's. Phentermine is NOT addictive, even though it is a stimulant. The stimulant side effect wears off, but the appetite suppressant effect (its "therapeutic effect") remains. That is why it is prescribed as an appetite suppressant and not a stimulant.

When used in conjunction with healthy eating and exercise, Phentermine can be an effective temporary tool to help people figure out portion control, and build new habits that can be maintained after the medication is discontinued. The reason so many people post about losing weight then regaining it quickly with Phentermine is that they neglected to build new habits while taking the medication.

It sounds like the OP is using this medication correctly. If people are going to criticize that decision, at least have your facts straight!

• Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Following. I start phentermine next week!
  • DanBGVa
    DanBGVa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The weight loss place I go is not expense. No drugs, just good old fashion exercise, hard work, we talk about healthy food, changing relationships with your food ..,, I'm in it for a year. This place not only has a high success rate off getting weight down but people keep it off because the teach you how to do it right. No gimmicks again just allot of hard work and education. So not all places are bad, nothing in life is black or white. If someone tells you that they are just wrong..just do your homework before you get into a group.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!