Anyone using Garmin Vivofit 2

I am a IT/Techy kind of guy and still trying to figure out how best to use this in conjunction with MFP! I have tried several other trackers Polar Loop, Fitbit Charge, Vivosmart and still have questions as to integrating the data!

Thanks in advance!

George

Replies

• ladyrixx
    ladyrixx Posts: 12 Member
    I use the vivofit 1, don't know if that would help you? The Garmin app on my phone talks to MFP and it shows in the calories burned for exercise. It works much better than the app for the UP24, which I used to have.
  • amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    I have a vivofit 2..you can sync the garmin connect to mfp by going into devices /apps on mfp app..but only manually log none step exercises into mfp and make sure you use the right time so the garmin will take that time out when sync.hope this helps.
  • bashfulgemini81
    bashfulgemini81 Posts: 259 Member
    edited July 2015
    I have the Vivosmart and Im having a hard time linking it to MFP as well. Its so frustrating.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited July 2015
    I have the Vivofit 2 and had no issues connecting MFP with Garmin Connect. However, I just disconnected both Apps last night as I plan on giving up on Calorie counting for a while. I found that it was easier to connect with MFP from the Garmin Connect app rather than from MFP.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    I went to the vivoactive; I got tired of everything being reported as walking 2.0. At least with the vivoactive it has many built in programs such as running, walking, biking, swimming, and you can also download additional apps for things like hiking, soccer, tennis, football, basketball, etc, etc.. In many of those cases it is still reported as strength training or aerobic general; but at least it is not always walking 2.0.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    jim9097 wrote: »
    I went to the vivoactive; I got tired of everything being reported as walking 2.0. At least with the vivoactive it has many built in programs such as running, walking, biking, swimming, and you can also download additional apps for things like hiking, soccer, tennis, football, basketball, etc, etc.. In many of those cases it is still reported as strength training or aerobic general; but at least it is not always walking 2.0.

Strange, mine decided everything was running 5mph. I'm actually walking 3.5. I connected my vivofit2 through the Garmin Connect to MFP. I don't recall doing anything to MFP specifically. My main problem is I have to sync twice every dang time because "Garmin could not connect to its servers".

OP did you have a specific question you're looking to answer?

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    I have the Vivosmart and my only complaint is everything that links to MFP shows as running. Is there a way to change that?
  • cyberpunkme
    cyberpunkme Posts: 44 Member
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I have a Garmin VivoActive. I use Garmin Connect and have not had issues integrating the two.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    I just got the Vivofit2. At first it was over estimating by a lot. Like no one burns almost 1000 calories in 25 minutes. After I updated the firmware on my phone and desktop, the calories look to be about the same as my Polar FT4. I sync mine a few times a day through my phone.