Doing great on calories but still hungry

Options
i can't seem to stay satisfied today. I have snacked and felt full, but again my stomach is giving me that hunger pain. What is going on? I have been doing my fitness pal for almost a month, working out and staying on target with calories, I shouldn't be feeling this way. What should I eat to feel satisfied or is it actually something else?

Replies

• skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    You're hungry?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You could just be hungry, some days the body wants what it wants. You could also be dehydrated, humans are good at misinterpreting thirst for hunger. So eat a little more without going crazy and drink a little more.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm a bottomless pit in the week leading up to "lady time"....don't suppose that could be it...
  • chaniluv
    chaniluv Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    When I first started I felt the same way. It turned out being dehydration. I would drink a bottle of water and feel right as rain! Like someone said above, people often mistake thirst for hunger.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    A great way to avoid hunger is to eat more healthy foods. It's very, very easy to stay full on fruits and veggies.

Give some thought to weather following your hunger is right for you. Some people (like me) do better eating a little more one day and a little less another. Others like to eat to their goal number.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Can you please open your diary?
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and share your stats. That way people can suggest changes you can make to help with that. But hunger is going to be a part of weight loss. After all you are eating at a deficit so your body is going to be complaining that it needs more, or so it thinks, before it starts burning fat.

AS was suggested you may be dehydrated, you might just need to get more fiber or you might be at too much of a deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Lots of protein and fats for satiety.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I adjusted my protein macro up to 30 and my carb macro down to 40 to help with hunger and it is working.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I find that I just have some "hungry days" (that's how I think if them). Some days I'm full after 850 calories. Some days I eat 1600 calories. At the end of the week I usually have eaten an average of 1200 per day. I've learned to listen to my body. Except leading up to TOM. Then my body is just a greedy b!tc$ and has to be controlled by my brain :)
  • MirandaD0313
    MirandaD0313 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein! And drink a lot of water! Protein helps to feel full. I eat chicken at least once a day and try to drink as much as possible. I always have water with me everywhere I go.
  • smileyahp
    smileyahp Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you all, two things became apparent after reading the posts.... Lack of water and TOM, both of which were happening. Thank you all, it really helped! Now after the TOM, I haven't lost weight but I haven't gained so it's a positive!
    Today was a salty day, couldn't get enough, ate a whole bag of croutons before I knew it...ugh. But I will work through it and double up the water!
  • mspradley21
    mspradley21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All the comments has helped me too. I just started this back up after giving up and can't wait to start seeing results:)
  • amygennaro
    amygennaro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Craving salt may mean that you are low on calcium. Make sure that you are eating enough dairy.