workout gear/clothes for the BBW (250lbs+)

Options
2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I've tried quite a few out (I say quite a few - but I'm an f cup - there aren't really all that many to chose from!) - but my favourite is my shock absorber run.

It's a bit of a mission to get on (it feels like a yoga workout!!), but once it's on there it's supportive and comfortable! Before this bra I didn't believe it was possible to find a sport bra that was both!

Try finding a good one when you are an "I" (aka DDDDDD) cup!

• Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I'm stunned you found any!! :)
  • earlnabby
    edited July 2015
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

I'm stunned you found any!! :)

Not to mention that I prefer front hook! Glamorise seems to be the best brand for my size overall. I don't run, so a well fitted regular bra seems to keep the "girls" in place during most of my activity.

As far as general workout clothes, I usually go to menswear. I find the better things at better prices than looking at women's workout wear. Except my swimming suit, of course.

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Zella from Nordstroms has plus size. And old navy online.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thank you about Glamorise! I haven't heard of them before. Probably going to try to purchase some from them. Just measured according to their chart and I am bigger than what I thought. >.<
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I love the Danskin now line from Walmart so much that I bought extras sports bras and capri workout pants for everyday wear around the house. They are just so comfy. The only time I'm not wearing them is when I have to leave the house lol

When I was 268lbs though I found workout clothing at Target that fit me good enough. Usually I would sacrifice perfect fit and comfort just for the sake of finding something big enough to fit me. Now I can still find stuff at Target but the prices are higher and I prefer the Danskin so I just get that.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Xersion (sp?) sold at JC Penney is excellent. I have worn their spandex compression style leggings, capris, and shorts from size 2X to M and all are equally well made, comfortable & nicely designed. I think they go to 3X and I was wearing the 2X at around your size (5'8" 262 lb). Good luck!
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Dandelie wrote: »
    Thank you about Glamorise! I haven't heard of them before. Probably going to try to purchase some from them. Just measured according to their chart and I am bigger than what I thought. >.<

The charts can be off once you get above a "D" cup (this is true about all bra fitting sites). Make sure you buy from a place that is really good about returns and exchanges.

• thegreatmd
    thegreatmd Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, thank you ladies!!!
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love my Danskin sports bras from Walmart. I need to buy another because this one has gotten a little loose due to weight loss, but it was only $13 so my feelings aren't hurt.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I also like Danskin from Walmart and Lane Bryant.

Here's a new option - Decent Exposures: https://decentexposures.com/Bras

You pick different fabric for different amounts of support. I like a really light bra in the summer and for working out (I don't run) and get the cotton eyelet. I must have a racer back bra for working out and they have this option.

They will custom alter things for you - the first time I ordered the straps weren't long enough so I sent it back and they made me a new one with longer straps.

https://decentexposures.com/Help/Customizing_Options

Customizing Your Bra

If you have not ordered before, we recommend starting with our standard sizes, knowing you can return/exchange them for customizing after you are sure of your size.

Once you get your bra(s), there are many ways we can help you get an even better fit should you need it. A fitting guide is included with each order to explain these adjustments in detail.

We can:
    • lengthen or shorten straps
    • cut armholes higher or lower
    • make in-between sizes (e.g. 35 or 43)
    • add pockets to any bra for a prosthesis or for extra coverage across the bust ($5)
    • substitute a 2" wide lycra or dri-release 'ribbing' in place of the rib elastic for those who don't want anything tight across the rib cage. Best for A-F cups
  • melissamincy
    melissamincy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My favorite sports bra is from lane bryant the one with lb on it. I bought 3. I don't have particular work out gear. I wear shorts and a tshirt. I'm not there to impress anyone. And if they don't like it they can kiss my bootie :)