Fat and ugly days.

Options
Anyone else have these days? Doesn't matter how well your doing or how much you've lost or worked out that day, you still feel like you belong under a bridge? Ugh lol

Replies

• pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I sure do. I think it's just human nature to have "off" days once in awhile.

Those are good PJ and Netflix days :)
  • xxsillysocksxx
    xxsillysocksxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you may be right about that. :p
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Yup. Those days are good for popcorn and Netflix. Le sighs.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I hate those days. I feel like *kitten* even if I have a 2 lbs lose.
  • LiveLoveLift48
    LiveLoveLift48 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    YEP! I am going through that right now.....i have let myself slack and backslide for the last year and put back on about 20 lbs . I feel like a busted can of biscuits....time to get myself back on track
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Everyone has those. I take mental health days away from logging and filming for my YouTube Channel, and I haven't worked out in MONTHS because of neurological problems. But I'm much better now and I'm trying to get my sleep schedule back on track so I have energy during the day since I work out at night, so that I'm able to sleep.
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yup. As others have said, when those days hit it's the best time for a Netflix night
  • Timorous_Beastie
    Timorous_Beastie Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Those are the days I put on my brightest red lipstick and jeans that give good butt and fake it until I feel better.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Sort of. I'm learning to recognize, though, that I don't have the most accurate perspective when it comes to myself. This morning, for example, I kept checking the mirror while I was waiting for my husband to get ready, but I realized that I was being overly critical and that I just needed to get away from the mirror just then.
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yup, pretty sure everyone has those days. I find that they make the good days that much better! Though I'd never say that on "one of those days"! Lol
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    That's what makeup and clothes are for :)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Have them, but they seem to be less often as I loose weight.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »

This. Losing weight doesn't fix everything - I'm still an anxious person and with low self confidence, but its getting better.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »

This. Losing weight doesn't fix everything - I'm still an anxious person and with low self confidence, but its getting better.

True, need to take things one step at a time. It is 90% mental. it is like domino, start believing in yourself in 1 thing, and more things seems to feel better about yourself. I Tell myself I have lost all the weight, I did that, i can do other things as well. the only thing i can not do right now is fall asleep.

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Do you lack sleep? Are you rundown?
  • xxsillysocksxx
    xxsillysocksxx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    Do you lack sleep? Are you rundown?

I have a toddler, so in my house that's an automatic yes. Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have these days? Doesn't matter how well your doing or how much you've lost or worked out that day, you still feel like you belong under a bridge? Ugh lol
    Being defined by what media and social society thinks isn't the best way to build self confidence. As mentioned, losing weight isn't going to always change the thought process. Everyday isn't sunshine. So just schluff it off and enjoy something else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yes,but only when i wear certain clothes or am in underwear, clothed it's usually "ok good"
    guess it's an improvement .
    does get me down sometimes :/
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I feel beautiful most of the time. When I feel fat and ugly, there is usually something else going on, like lack of sleep, conflict with a loved one, my thyroid meds needing adjustment, or feelings of depression.