Who am I?

Options
Well for starters in Ray. I have had a bad run the last 4 years and gave up on everything. Between my mom passing my grand mother passing 3 months later and going through a bad divorce and the ex turning my kids against me at the same time I gave up. Somehow I ended up at 310lbs and just feeling like *kitten* all the time so I went to see a doctor. My blood pressure was 213/134 and she flipped. She said flat out "You are going to die and it could be any second". She then put me on meds but said "it's your body and only I can save my life". That was purdy scary. But I have been working on it and my weight is now down to 250ish and my BP meds are cut in half and much better numbers. But it is hard to stay on track and having someone that is going through similar struggles encourage me really seems to help.

Add me if you like. I can use all the help I can get.

Replies

• Sirius_12
    Sirius_12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    congrats on getting your high bp under control. That's a big accomplishment itself. Sent you a invite. Best of luck.
  • SarahHendrex
    SarahHendrex Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your doing good already!
  • SarahHendrex
    Options
    Well I wrote you a long reply.. Can you see it or did it just disappear??
  • RAyzor71
    RAyzor71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It must have vanished. Thanks for the thought.
  • rainalove77
    rainalove77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are doing great so far! Keep doing what you're doing. Hopefully your kids will come around soon.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • SarahHendrex
    Options
    So what I wanted to tell you.. It was a long post Ray and I'm kinda bummed that it's gone. But to sum it up, I know what your going through. My weight was under control until I went through a bad divorce, had a miscarriage, and barely get to see my daughter now thanks to her dad. I couldn't afford a good lawyer so he gained custody of my kid. To make things worse he's not a great father. My daughter begs to stay with me when I get to see her. It's heartbreaking everytime she's crying because she doesn't want to go home to daddy and there's nothing I can do. Sorry for talking so much. But I just wanted to tell you, I feel your pain. I am ALWAYS here if you need a friend who will lend an ear. It feels good to vent.
  • RAyzor71
    RAyzor71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.