Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV! 2-piece bathing suit!

missmiller1
missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
I haven't worn a swim suit in 15 years, let alone a two-piece! I made this 1940s swimsuit yesterday and can't wait to wear it at the lake this summer!

s640x480.jpg

s640x480-1.jpg

No way I would have worn it at 200 pounds!
Disneyland-1-1.jpg

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    How cute is that! It looks fantastic on you! Great job!
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    You look awesome and the suit is adorable!
  • willbthin2
    willbthin2 Posts: 31
    wow :) bet your made up! xx
  • Babytoy22002
    Babytoy22002 Posts: 41 Member
    way to go..congrats..i'm thinking that skirt should be shorter though lol..show off some legs
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    very nice . wow what a transformation on yourself. your very talented with the sewing machine also...:flowerforyou:
  • sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    awww i love it!!!
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    You look great & the suit is adorable!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    that is a totally cool style! you look great!
  • tukrainets
    tukrainets Posts: 119
    thats so cute:) and great job, u look amazing.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    ha! That is cute :) You look fantastic
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    way to go..congrats..i'm thinking that skirt should be shorter though lol..show off some legs

I agree(:
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Super cute!! Great job on your progress and keep up the hard work! You look amazing :)
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    200 pounds ago! excellent! You Look great and your suit is very cute! :smile:
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    very cute! congrats!! i want one!! LOL
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    So cute!!!!!!!! And I just :heart: that you made it yourself!
  • jhamlin6668
    jhamlin6668 Posts: 23 Member
    Amazing!! Both the weight loss and the suit. Word to the wise - if this is the first time you've sewn with lycra/spandex or elastic - try it out in the shower or tub first (voice of experience here). Want to make sure the fabric won't sag, be see through, or the elastic/thread gives too much. Don't want to rain on your parade - I just didn't think you wanted to be naked in public - lol. I'm really inspired - to stick with my new lifestyle and break out the sewing machine.

I had lost quite a bit of weight 10 years ago and got a two piece - a tankini, so it covered my midriff. When it came in the mail it was such a bad shade of green (and I still felt pretty fat) so we spent the summer calling it "The Sherman Tank-ini" cause that's what I felt like when I wore it!

Julie
  • DarMC
    DarMC Posts: 78 Member
    Awesome job on your weight and your suit. Loving the suits, dresses, aprons, shoes and hats coming back from the past!!! They knew STYLE, in their day! "Congrats!"
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Classy! I like it.
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    OMG that is so cute!!
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    I want tips on how to look as good as you AND how to sew that bathing suit!! U R BEAUTIFUL AND TALENTED!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!