I'm a newbie!

Options
I just had my first baby 2 1/2 months ago. The scale says Im back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but the mirror is telling a different story. I'm having a hard time disciplining myself to eat right now since I've been indulging my cravings for the past year. I'm hoping maybe by tracking my food and seeing exactly what I'm eating, I'll have more self control. Looking forward to also being motivated by others..

Replies

• DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Well, congratulations Mom. If you're all the way back to pre-pregnancy weight 2 1/2 months later you're doing AWESOME! It'll take a while for things to fall back where you want them. You found a great, supportive place to work it.
  • Britney8328
    Options
    Congrats on the baby and losing the weight so fast! it takes time for your body to catch up with the weight gain and then the weight loss... give it time. After i had my son i lost MOST of my weight and got stuck so i started to take meat out of my diet. This sounds hard but it did amazing things for me, after i completely cut all meat out i dropped 15 more pounds! Good luck, im here if you have any questions!
  • gunny34
    gunny34 Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! It's a great place for motivation. Congrats on the new lil one. :) You can friend me if you'd like.:)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your baby.
    You can do this.
    jane:flowerforyou:
  • sarahbrown10
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I really think this is gonna help and give me the motivation and discipline I need! Looking forward also to meeting new people..
  • Michellemaibelle
    Options
    Congratulations! Being a mom is such a hard job and to say that you've gone down to your pre-pregnancy weight in just 2.5 months is great! Now, I'm only 16, so I don't know what being a mom is like, but any support you need, I'd be happy to help you or motivate you stay on track so you feel awesome when you look in the mirror :smile:
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    congrats on the new addition ot the family! friend me if you'd like. motivation is key and being able to help each other stay on track is a gift!
  • SinéadN7803758
    Options
    I understand your frustration - i'm not a new mum but what you've described sounds like what i'm feeling!

My weight and BMI are not really my main issue but when I got checked at a test in the gym the results showed that my muscle mass is significantly below what it should be and alas has been replaced with body fat! Grrr!!

My mission is to tone up and 6 weeks later I've definitely made a start!

This is a great place to be for support!!
    Add me if you want!

Best of luck!xxx